Blue icon and "keep through" option

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by steelbot, May 1, 2010.

1. steelbot

steelbot New Member

Aug 14, 2008

Advertisements

Just set up a TiVo Premiere XL to complement my TiVo HD, and I noticed a couple things:
    • After transferring several shows from the HD to the Premiere, I noticed they had blue circle icons in the My Shows list on the Premiere. Not the gray ring with the blue dot in the middle that signifies a download, but a solid blue circle after the download had completed. Does anyone know what this means in terms of how long the recording will be kept? The manual doesn't include this icon in its glossary, and pulling up the "Keep until..." menu for the episode only provides "Keep until I delete" and "Don't do anything", neither of which affects the icon.
    • The "Keep until..." menus in the old interface on my HD had an option to "Keep through [select a date and time]". The new interface on my Premiere doesn't seem to have this option (only has "Keep until I delete" and "Don't do anything") -- does anyone know if this setting is still accessible in the new UI?
    Thanks for the assistance.

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Unwatched and watched recordings were supposed to show different color icons, but I don't think that feature is functional under the 14.1c software. With regard to keep until time, here's a bit from the review linked in the stickied FAQ:

As far as the additional "Keep Until..." options, those were removed from the latest software because they didn't function correctly. TiVo is working on that.

3. steelbot

steelbot New Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Got it, thanks for clearing that up and for the link to your very detailed and helpful review!