Blue Bloods

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by jap3, Oct 30, 2011.

1. jap3

jap3 Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Salem, NJ
    For some reason, Blue Bloods episode "Black and Blue" was scheduled to record on 10/28. However, CSI (or some show like it) recorded in its place. There was a trailer that said a new episode would air next week. The guide for next week shows the episode "Lonely Hearts Club".

Not sure if we'll ever see Black and Blue. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm in South NJ on FIOS.

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Yeah, it was because of the World Series.

3. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    CBS replaced all its programming last Friday with repeats of various shows so as not to conflict with Game 7 of the World Series.

Unfortunately, the change was made too late to be picked up in the TiVo program guide. I assume that the program guides will be corrected this week. Unfortunately, that will adversely affect most season passes for these shows, as the Season Pass will 'believe' that the show being broadcast for the first time next Friday has already been recorded.

I believe that the corrective for this is to do one of the following:
    a) Manually set the recording by date and time (not by Program).
    b) Manually set the recording after the Program Guide has been revised.
    c) Change the Season Pass to Record ALL episodes (including repeats)

4. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
    In the very begining of my recording of Blue Bloods there was a short video saying Blue Bloods will resume next week at its regular scheduled time then CSI NY started.

5. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    for c) Record all episodes including duplicates not just reruns.

6. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    My recording did not catch that video and I thought man, this is a really good episode with a professional killer, shooting up a night club.

7. Nov 1, 2011 #7 of 14
    WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    The correct guide data is now on the Tivos. Black and Blue this Friday, Lonely Hearts next Friday. However, my TDL is still showing Lonely Hearts this Friday. My last connection was only about an hour ago so I'll wait and see if it fixes itself. The OAD's for both episodes correspond to their actual air dates and not the dates they were supposed to air.

ETA: Looks like the Tivo will not pick up these two episodes because they both appeared in the TDL in the past 28 days.

8. Nov 4, 2011 #8 of 14
    TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Just a bump to remind those of you who record Blue Bloods, it's not set to record tonight cuz of the 28 day rule.~ see above. I had to manuallyset to record.

9. Nov 6, 2011 #9 of 14
    jap3

jap3 Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Salem, NJ
    Dang. Missed Black and Blue. I was hoping it would correct itself and I forgot to set a manual recored. Guide is showing correct for Lonely Hears on the 11th though.

Hopefully the internet will have Black and Blue somewhere. :D

10. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    This kind of problem never corrects itself, unlike say the Walking Dead problem also being discussed. You are always better off setting a manual record.

Good luck on your hunt!

11. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    The full episode is on the CBS website here. It's fairly low definition.

An HD version can be purchased for $3 at iTunes (and maybe at other online video stores).

12. jap3

jap3 Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Salem, NJ
    Thanks. I did iTunes.

13. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    My TiVos think that tonight's (11/09/2012) episode is the same as last weeks so my SP didn't pick it up. Had to explicitly select it to record.

14. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I did the same.