1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Bloods Season Finale, 5/11/18

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeCC, May 16, 2018.

1. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Huh. I find I remember bits and pieces, but much of the show was simply overwhelmed by the final scene. And overwhelmed in a good way, in this guy's eyes.

I loves me the Jamko.

justen_m and markz like this.
  2. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Yeah, it's about darn time.

3. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    Yup. Great news.

4. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah...the whole dinner conversation seemed to position them to remain partners, even after the marriage...

Maybe the plan is to have them try it out and discover why married cops are not partners, and all the complications that come with that sort of partnership... Then they can split them up with partners from the opposite sex, and create some conflict and drama there...

5. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    This is the first season ender of any series I have seen this year that had a happy ending.

6. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    I was a bit surprised that the big reveal was that they were ENGAGED, and not just a romantic couple. And then I thought back to how close they are as partners, how much each know about the other, and how thoroughly in sync they are. And I thought... "Damn straight! Hell, being engaged is really the next most logical step for these two. They are about as close as any couple could ever be."

Jon J likes this.
  7. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I doubt this storyline would happen, at least on a continuing basis.

I think that the producers are making this move partly because they've been dancing around the Jaime/Eddie romance for years and to offset the loss of Amy Carlson's Linda in the family dynamics.

If they bust up Jamie and Eddie as (patrol) partners, they have to split the story focus even more plus hiring additional actors to play the new partners.

(And if the show continues for a few more years, look for them to hook up Danny with Baez.)

(There was a tv series years back where two partners got married but had to conceal their marriage to remain partners.)

8. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    OK...yes, I see what you mean... That makes a lot of sense...

I forget why they wrote Linda off the show... Was it the actresses decision to leave? Or was it the producer's decision?

9. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I think Linda died in a fire, much more dramatic than when Jackie kept falling asleep on the set. Or something.

10. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I thought she died in a helicopter crash while transporting a patient?

11. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    From what I read, Amy Carlson opted not to renew her contract for Season 8.
    (It sounds like she thought it was time to move on.)

Yes, that was the in story reason to explain her absence.

12. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock TCF Club

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well, if you need an excuse to get off work, that’s about as good as it gets.