Blue Bloods S6E22 05/06/2016 "Blowback" Season Finale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JLucPicard, May 8, 2016.

1. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    After the Mayor earlier talking about how his own being shot was a life changer for him and how it was going to be the same for Officer Hayes, did anyone else catch the error in the Mayor's mea culpa speech at the end of the episode?

He says, "The death of Diego Perez was a tragedy; but a tragedy of his own making. The shooting death of Officer Hayes was a cowardly act of vengeance."

I went back and looked - it was never established that Officer Hayes died, right? In fact, didn't Danny and his partner visit him in the hospital and he was going to be OK (relatively speaking)?

I've never seen that egregious an error on Blue Bloods, to my recollection.

2. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I noticed that too; I thought I had missed something or misheard the line. Do you think the actor misspoke or do you think they changed the story in editing?

3. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Apparently he took a turn for the worse. A time-honored plot twist in many a medical and police procedural.

4. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    LOL. As I read that, I suddenly envisioned the "Bring out your Dead" scene from a Monty Python movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU0d8kpybVg

5. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I just figured he died and we didn't see it. Didn't even think about it being a continuity error.

6. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    I almost expected to see to scene where uniformed cops deliberately turn their backs, en masse, on the mayor.