Blue bloods question (spoiler inside)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by I_am_not_randy, Jan 14, 2012.

1. I_am_not_randy

I_am_not_randy Member

Oct 29, 2010
    I know it is just a TV show and I shouldnt get too caught up in any details, but does anyone else find it absurd that the youngest brother is working undercover trying to infiltrate the mob AND still working ***** as a unformed police officer ?

I am missing something or is that totally absurd ?

2. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Don't think it's absurd at all. Makes it look like he's just a regular cop so others don't think otherwise, though he is at risk if the mob recognizes him from his regular beat.

Why do you think it is absurd?

3. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Yes. An "f" :D

4. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004

5. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Why is that a problem? As long as he doesn't go outside :)

6. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    How did that type-o make it through the censors?!

7. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    apparently shift happens

8. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Well, he is an unformed police officer. Being that malleable, he would be hard to recognize.

9. I_am_not_randy

I_am_not_randy Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Sorry for the typo with the word "shift", wasnt intentional, but it did turn out funny.

And the absurd part was him taking regular shifts with the risk of being recognized. I cant believe they would do that. Also, he is the commisoners son, so he could easily have been at event with his father where he was photographed for the newspaper.

10. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    After the recent episode with them talking about being careful because everything is taped (cameras everywhere.) I figured he would somehow be shown on camera / tv doing something as an officer which would blow his cover.

11. grecorj

grecorj Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2002
    CT
    I'm just assuming they'll quietly drop the mob storyline with Jamie just like they dropped the "Blue Templar" storyline with Jamie last year. :D

12. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    They didn't drop that storyline, they merely resolved it in 10 minutes because the writers said, "Ah, we have no idea where to go with it, let's just get the hell out."

13. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I suspect the mob storyline will last the season and the perps will get busted or killed THE END. :)

I think plurals work to avoid the censorship but then you could use the off-color words as verbs as he s**ts a pile. :)