blue background screens

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tattube, Jan 21, 2012.

1. tattube

tattube Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Seems that my TPXL just updated to ver. 20.2-01-2-748 this morning.
    All my menu screens from Tivo Central on down are now blue...3 shades, for contrast. All was normal last night.
    I tried a restart...still the same.

Any thoughts?....Maybe just wait for the next up?grade?

Edit: using SD menu

2. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    All of the screens now are one blue background color. This was part of the update

3. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I also got the update last night and noticed all my screens were blue on the SD menu ,although it looks nice i miss the red orange color(i like bright colors). now i hope i can convince my wife to use the HD menu and guide as she always uses the SD MENU!. P.S. I really like the new screens on both menus!

4. hillyard

hillyard Member

Nov 1, 2011
    I like the blue screens

5. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    My mother thinks the new screens are "less busy". I suppose that's true. For me, though, they lose information. Pre-20, for example, I could just glance at the screen, and if it was green, I knew immediately that I was in the local NPL; if it was a list of programs, but with a blue background, I knew that I was browsing another TiVo or server. Now, I have to actually read the text on screen to tell the difference.

Maybe all moot, since the HDUI is seeming a lot more tempting with 20...

6. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=481338

7. tattube

tattube Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Thanks to all, for the responses.

While I see no good reason for this change...
    I am sure that in a short time I will have adjusted to a 'blue is normal' attitude.

I wonder if Tivo would ever consider 'skins' that allow users to choose the look they prefer.

8. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    There is a good reason for the change- it makes the SD screens look more like the HD screens. It is less jarring and alien looking from the perspective of an HDUI user. Even as an SDUI user, it is less "annoying" sine the background is no longer animated.

That is very unlikely. Remember, their current goal is for the HDUI to never have to shift into SD menus (or so we believe). I am sure customized backgrounds would be so far down the list of potential things to change, it will never see the light of day. ESPECIALLY since we have lost nearly two years now before ANY significant design change has occurred.