Blood & Treasure S1 Ep 1

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, May 22, 2019.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I didn't find the male lead convincing at all. My local TV channel kept interrupting for weather alerts and did not pause the show. Boring.

2. lparsons21

lparsons21 Active Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Yeah, something just didn’t come across for me either, and this type of show interests me.
    We had all kinds of weather last night so I watched it on CBS All Access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    No weather here,so I was forced to watch it all,well the 1st hour at least.
    I agree about the male lead.
    I will give the 2nd hour a viewing over the weekend but really disappointed with 1st hour.

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I ended up watching the whole two hours while telling myself how much the show sucked. Paper thin characters. Shallow plot. Some "creative" people in a cookie-cutter tv show production people decided to rip off National Treasure and Indiana Jones movies. The female lead is obnoxious. But she's hot and speaks with an accent but since guys are guys, we forget the part that she's obnoxious and focus on the hot. She also hit on three tv tropes in the first hour alone. She beats up men twice her size, she can pick a lock and can hot wire a car like like half the people in tv land. The lead guy is like potato salad. Bland but not ok. He's blond which is good but not Nazi SS blond which would be bad. And both of them have extremely resourceful connections who are eager to give them millions of dollars and/or miraculously help them out of whatever legal issues they run into.

this show sucks. I set a One Pass for it right after the second hour ended. Maybe it'll get better. :p

5. rharmelink

rharmelink Active Member

Nov 30, 2015
    So many nods to Raiders of the Lost Ark, but none of the heart or soul of it.

6. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I haven't watched it yet, but from the description, it sounded like a Dan Brown novel (Da Vinci Code and so forth). I'll get to it this weekend, but don't have high hopes for a summer replacement series.

7. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Essex...
    I find it entertaining enough to keep the OP for it.

8. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I watched the first 3. I was on the fence after the first two, kind of boring, but I liked E3, so I'm in.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I only watched about the first half of the first episode so far. I thought it was "light adventure" so was ok.. good to watch at the gym.

Though it wasn't a completely original way to do it, I did like that they dove right in with the characters, then added (so far at least) fairly *short* flashbacks to explain the backstories of the characters.

10. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I have to admit that I've grown to like this series a lot more than I initially thought I would. Is it great? No. Is it entertaining? Yes.

Steveknj likes this.
  11. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Agree. It's like Indiana Jones meets Dan Brown. Its fun in a 1980s summer blockbuster kinda way.

12. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    It is good light summer fare.

13. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I have not gotten back to it since ep 1. Saving it up for a really slow month

14. Craigbob

Craigbob Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    This is how I see it too. Fun light and not something I have to think too much about. Great to watch an ep or two while I'm working from home.

15. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    Add me to the "it has grown on me" pile. The series has been renewed for a 2nd season, which I assume will have a new "big bad" and a new artifact/goal -- but we still have next ... finale (in TWO weeks) to see whether the writers knew to leave a hook for future episodes.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  16. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    hmm, watch next episode shows ep 3 for me on the web, but it doesn't show some kind of completed bar on the first two.. weird.
    yeah I keep recording it (in SD) but will eventually watch the rest, likely at the gym like I watched the first ones.. it's dumb 'light' action.

17. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    originally I thought the network had ordered ten episodes for this season, but looking at IMDB shows me a total of 13 episode titles. We still have 4 weeks to go!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  18. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It doesn't even bother me that one minute they're in Rome, five minutes later they're in Montreal and five minutes after that they're in Poland. :p

The only person I don't really care for is Chuck, the priest. I have a sneaky suspicion that he's probably secretly evil and will somehow be a future bad guy.

19. pj1983

pj1983 Active Member

Dec 26, 2016
    BFE NoVa
    On top of that, who's bankrolling all that travel? The reclusive billionaire -- are they commandeering one of his jets all the time?

I guess they're in the same world where Leroy Jethro Gibbs and his team can get from Washington Navy Yard to Norfolk Naval Base in 10 minutes. o_O

20. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Pretty much. They mention it at times.