Blonde question - I realize that!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by mydogmeg, Jan 9, 2012.

1. mydogmeg

mydogmeg New Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Please don't yell for asking a stupid question!!! I realize Im a few years behind the times here.

How do I transfer youtube videos from my laptop to the tivo????

FWIW: I can successfully login to my online youtube acct and tivo acct using my gmail address & password . . . HOWEVER . . . I just tried logging into youtube from the tivo screen and it says unsuccessful login

Thanks for being patient :)

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Hey, what do you have against blondes?

3. mydogmeg

mydogmeg New Member

Dec 31, 2009
    LOL !!!! Nothing . . . I AM blonde but not too too dumb. I formatted and my computer & installed a new hard drive & RAM this weekend but can't for the life of me figure out this youtube / tivo thing. :)

4. waterchange

waterchange Member

Jun 29, 2010
    You need to download the youtube video first, convert it to some compatible format, and then transfer to your Tivo. Maybe try something like YouTube Downloader which will download the video file and convert it, say to mp4 format. And then have pyTivo setup which facilitates transferring the video to your Tivo. Haven't had a need to do this myself but these are the steps I would do if I did.

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Do you have the TiVo Desktop program on your computer?

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Did you have a separate YouTube password, or do you just sign in with your Google account password?

I just tried to sign in to YouTube on my Tivo. I used my YouTube user name and my Google account password.
    Once I got past the '18 or older' verification screen, I was shown to be signed in.

7. mydogmeg

mydogmeg New Member

Dec 31, 2009

Thanks for the reply.

Yes and actually both accounts have the exact same gmail address & password. :confused:

8. mydogmeg

mydogmeg New Member

Dec 31, 2009

No, didn't know about that step. But I will try that & update tomorrow. Thanks!

9. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    But are you using your YouTube user name and NOT your gmail address when you try to sign in on the Tivo?

I can only think of two suggestions:
    1. Reboot the Tivo
    2. Change the password associated with your YouTube account.