Block channels in TiVo Wishlist searches

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Mark J. Golden, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Mark J. Golden

Mark J. Golden New Member

Jun 20, 2020

Advertisements

I have a TiVo Edge. I have several wish list searches for character names (e.g.; Dracula). They record a ton of material on channels that broadcast in a language I do not speak (i.e. Spanish).

I have gone through the channel list and unchecked the channels that broadcast in Spanish. They don’t show up in the program guide. But my TiVo continues to record programs from my wishlist searches that run on those channels. (And there is an amazingly high volume of them.)

Is there any way to get it to stop doing this?

2. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
    have unchecked them or removed them from your favorite channels.

3. Mark J. Golden

Mark J. Golden New Member

Jun 20, 2020
    As I stated in my original post: "I have gone through the channel list and unchecked the channels that broadcast in Spanish."

This does not seem to prevent Tivo Wishlist search from recording programming on those channels.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Did you press Guide, then A button, Channels: <My Channels>, then A Button again.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Have you tried adding "-Spanish" to the keywords?

6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Delete the Wishlist. Double check your channel list. Then recreate your Wishlist.

A WL is definitely *not* supposed to record from channels you don't want. Mine never have.

7. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I agree that you should delete the current wish list, then make CERTAIN that there are NO CHECK MARKS on any unwanted channels in your channel list before you create it again.

I understand that you have said multiple times to us that you already removed the check marks, but we cannot think of anything else that is causing your problem. I have four TiVos (but not an Edge), and ever since 2002, I have NEVER had a wish list record from a channel that was not checked in the channel list. And I do use wish lists a lot, and for 10 years I had cable that included about a bazillion foreign language channels (which I kept UN-checked).

One last comment - using Favorites to display only channels you want has NO effect on recording - a TiVo will record from ANY channel that has a check mark in the channel list, and ONLY those channels.

Steve likes this.
  8. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Well said, and super critical.