Blinking To Do List

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by james.92, Jul 27, 2007.

1. james.92

james.92 New Member

Jul 18, 2006

Advertisements

Well, I may be losing my mind, but ...

The entries in my To Do List all blink on and off at varying intervals. I had never seen this prior to this morning. They will vanish for about a second, then return for awhile (maybe 10 seconds or so, maybe longer). This is a Series 2 540 model stand alone which has worked perfectly since I got it a couple of years ago.

I pulled the plug, waited about a minute, then powered back up. I thought this had fixed it, but a quick check shows it is happening again.

Is this a sign of impending drive failure or something else? Or am I just losing it? :eek:

I have been looking for an excuse to get the new HD but don't want to lose the programs I have not had a chance to watch yet.

2. NoCleverUsername

NoCleverUsername New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    California
    Not sure what could be causing the symptoms you describe. Perhaps the hard drive is failing?

What does getting an HD unit have to do with watching shows that were already recorded on your old unit? You still should be able to watch those, even without a subscription.

3. james.92

james.92 New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I was just worried about the hard drive failing, if what I am seeing is a sign of that.
    Guess I will watch the shows asap, just in case.

4. CALJREICH

CALJREICH New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    You could always do a system restart. A restart will not remove any recordings or any programs you plan to record in the future. It may take an hour to restart but maybe that will correct what ever is happening with your Tivo.

5. james.92

james.92 New Member

Jul 18, 2006

Advertisements

Update

I left it unplugged while at work today, then plugged it in when I got home. So far, so good.

It seemed so odd though; I had never seen this before nor read about it happening to anyone else here either. At first I thought I was seeing things...

Still, I think it is time for me to pick up the new HD! :)