Blindspot S5 E11 July 23, 2020 - "Iunne Ennui" - Series Finale *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

Well that was about as cliche as they come. One last mission after they were drummed out because "ONLY" they could solve it. And of course it included the bomb going off in Times Square (where they found Jane Doe). And of course they are trying to figure out how to dismantle it. And of course it counts down to the final seconds. And of course they cut the RED wire. Uggh!!

I like the series, but really it got so cartoon-ee the last couple of years.

2. samsauce29

samsauce29 Active Member TCF Club

Nov 30, 2007
    Erie, PA
    Agree with all of that... Loved the show but this was definitely a lukewarm finale.

Didn't they cut the 2 green wires? (After stopping for a kiss of course...)

3. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I think you are right, it was the green wires. OK, that went a LITTLE away from the cliche :)

samsauce29 likes this.
  4. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    It was a nice way to bring back a bunch of former guest stars to the show. Jane wandering through Times Square seeing ghosts from the past reminded me of the ending of The Deuce.

What are your thoughts on the ending? I saw an interview with the Executive Producer who said that when they showed the episode to people, they were split 50/50 on whether they thought Jane died in Times Square or that she survived and the Christmas dinner was the real ending.

For me, I choose to believe the happy ending. I know looking for realism in this show is a foolish endeavor, but there are two things that make me lean toward this. First, there's no way the paramedics would have just left her body alone in the middle of Times Square. Even if they did, there's no way Weller would have left her alone there. Secondly, when Patterson and Rich first talked about finding the alchemy machine, Jane was not there, yet they're talking about it at the Christmas dinner. If Christmas was in Jane's mind, she would have no way of knowing anything about the alchemy machine, so she shouldn't have imagined them talking about it.

rharmelink and Hot4Bo like this.
  5. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO

Advertisements

This ep was not as good as the last few. Did enjoy seeing all of the past characters. Loved the fact that Jane died.

Steveknj likes this.
  6. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I choose the happy ending too for exactly the same reasons. Plus, I absolutely hate things with what I consider bad endings. It would spoil the entire series for me.

7. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    I assumed she died. The happy ending was her visualization as she was dying.

I did like how the whole thing ended exactly like it began ... Jane in a bag in Times Square.

8. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I kind of prefer to think she died, but given what we saw, I agree that there's no way the body bag would be left in the middle of a totally empty Times Square. On the other hand, if we made a list of all the "no way" things that did happen on this show, it would be a pretty darned long list, so who knows?

We didn't realize this was the finale until we were already watching, but we were definitely ready to put the show to bed. We've been watching purely through inertia the last couple seasons. IMO the whole thing went off the rails when they stopped working with the weekly tattoos.

Steveknj likes this.
  9. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I was hoping the end of last season that the missile took out all of them but Jane, and then have Jane exact revenge everywhere.

10. randian

randian Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    If it's a hallucination, she shouldn't have known about the plan to find the gold creating device. If it's real, Boston's hand shouldn't be whole. If you're going for ambiguity, don't mistake insulting my intelligence for cleverness.

11. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm ranking this finale right up there with the Castle finale. I've been barely tolerating the show for the last 2 - 3 years (like someone else mentioned, mostly watching out of momentum), and that ending made me regret not giving up on the show earlier.

Steveknj, DouglasPHill and rharmelink like this.
  12. dtle

dtle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    DFW
    I'm glad to hear about your misgivings about continuing the show. I decided to quit after 2 seasons. I'm here just to see if I should start binging what I've missed. From the looks of it, the answer is NO.

13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    If you like the team interaction, it wasn't bad, if you wanted more about the tatoos, they mostly went away from that (I think there was one episode where they talked about something in the tatoos). The ending, at least to me, was out of the standard TV Spy / FBI handbook and was really very cliche.

14. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I actually liked this last season more than the rest of them, until the finale at least. Richdotcom somehow seemed more palatable to me this year. I used to couldn't stand him.

DouglasPHill and Steveknj like this.
  15. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Agreed, except for the final ep, this season was fast and tight. Final ep, not as good as the rest.