Blindspot - S04 E22 · The Gang Gets Gone - Season 4 finale - 5/31/2019

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Jun 18, 2019.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Cynical old guy

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO

Advertisements

omg, what a great ep. All the heros (but Jane) are in a house in Iceland that gets blown to a zillion pieces by a drone.
    We already know the answer, but wouldn't it be fantastic if the writers had them all die? And then Jane spends the few episodes of season 5 seeking revenge. Do the writers have the guts to do it?

2. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    No. :D

verdugan likes this.
  3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Would be interesting, wouldn't it? While I still mostly enjoy the series, mostly for the interaction between Patterson and Rich, I think they really need to end the series. They've really gone beyond the premise of the series where the tattoos mean little (and they just use them as a gadget to introduce some plot line).

4. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I disagree with Steveknj about Patterson and Rich. (She's great, and he was, too, when he was an occasional guest star. As a regular, he's too much.) But I completely agree about bringing it to and end. They've clearly taken the premise as far as they can. The crises now are all pretty interchangeable. Heck, even a lot of the episodes are almost interchangeable. We still watch out of inertia, but I don't see us sticking around much longer.

Unless they really do leave them all dead. That would rekindle my interest. But I don't see that happening.

5. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

I'm not saying the Rich character is great, just that their banter is fun. But they are the only interesting characters left. The rest are cookie cutter FBI types and there's just nothing left with the tattos that play into any kind of story anymore.

Dawghows likes this.
  6. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I don't like the Richdot.com character. He annoys me. I forget, he wasn't in the drone bombed house was he? That would suit me if they all got out but him.

7. Jul 1, 2019 #7 of 21
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Everyone was "in the house" except for Jane.

I'm pretty sure no one is really dead unless one of the actors is making unreasonable contract demands.

I saw previously read that showrunner Martin Gero did have a five year plan for the show.
    FWIW.

8. Jul 1, 2019 #8 of 21
    Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I am sure they were out of the house. No reason for them to discuss the underground otherwise.

9. Jul 1, 2019 #9 of 21
    JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Absolutely.
    That's why I put it in quotes.

10. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Philadelphia...
    Blindspot has become a summer burn off for us, and we finally finished this season. Honestly at this point if I didn't know next season was the last season I would just quit. I really don't like shows that spend 22 episodes with the heroes always getting the raw end of the stick and then showing how plucky they are and pulling it out in episode 23. I *really* hate when that same pattern goes for 45 episodes.

11. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I'm hoping all but Jane are dead. Would make for an interesting final season.

Dawghows likes this.
  12. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Yeah, I'm feeling quite sure they're not dead, but I wish they were. That would be a ballsy move for primetime network TV.

13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'm sure we will come back next season and we'll see them running out the back JUST as it went boom.

14. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    don't forget the secret tunnel through the floor...

15. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Precisely.

16. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I only recently caught up too (on Hulu, but I tivo it 'as backup'). I dunno, I like the show.

I think I didn't really like dotcom before, but I like the repartee between him and computer chick (wizardville creator).. yeah like usual, I don't remember 99% of the names of characters on shows even after years.

Though it would be nice to some eon read a wikipedia or something trying to explain ALL of the tattoos and such.

17. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    The tats were a season one plot device. Seems to play a much minor part since.

18. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ??? They talk about "solved a new tattoo" basically every episode.

19. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Now moved to May 7th due to Parks & Rec.