Blindspot "Hero Fears Imminent Rot" (9/28/16) S2E3 [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RGM1138, Sep 28, 2016.

1. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS

Advertisements

Where to start? I'm really having my doubts about Nas. I don't think she's a good guy.

I'm glad that the brother explained about killing the rabbits. Jane was doing a mercy kill, so it wouldn't suffer like Roman's did.

This really has a Total Recall vibe going on. Although, I'm pretty sure they won't let Jane be a stone cold killer in the end.

I think they're setting it up to where Jane has to chose who will die, her brother or Weller.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  2. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    They're making the shrink look really hinky.

Which of course must mean that he's completely innocent. :)

3. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yeah, it was looking bad until they back tracked it and gave him an out with the dinner order. I'm less suspicious of him now than I am about Nas.

4. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I'm no expert but in all of the books I've read shooting the c4 would have make a huge booooom. Too bad I can't go down to the corner market and get some to perform a test :p

5. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO

Advertisements

Where I live you can buy cordite and it explodes really nice when shot by a bullet.

6. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    Is the computer chip what controls the big-ass rocket we saw in the 1st episode?

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    It's probably a necessary component for it's guidance system.

In a scene at the FBI I think it was Patterson who said that they didn't know the guy's role in the company he works for, but that his areas of study made him qualified for several things that they listed, including weapons guidance.

The FBI hasn't made the full connection yet, but I think we were supposed to.

8. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Not convinced that is why she did it that way. It turned out that it was more merciful, but I am not sure that she knew that. I think she WAS a killer in her previous life, and this second chance is a chance at redemption, for her.

9. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yeah, that's why I thought it had the Total Recall vibe, (hero was a bad guy, met a girl, reformed).

In Jane's case, as bad as everyone feels about her now, I think it'll be really hard to redeem her if they find out that she was gung ho Sandstorm before. That flash we had previously of her being part of a black ops team that was disavowed, does make a compelling argument for her turning to the dark side.

And, her little chat with the doctor seems to suggest that she's not even sure of her own psyche.

I guess we'll see how it goes.

10. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I'm sure she was absolutely the horrible person that everyone suspects that she was.

But she was a product of her environment. She was raised to be that way from a young age.

And starting with a blank slate and being raised all over again in a different environment, she's turning out differently, and better.

11. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    That's a valid point. IIRC, her mother mentioned "rescuing" them from the "orphanage." But, from Roman's description, the place sounded more like an ISIS training camp.

Well, America does love a good redemption story.

12. sean67854

sean67854 Why?

Jul 11, 2001
    Wouldn't...

I think the mythbusters had an episode where they tried to detonate C4 by shooting it with no luck. They even set it on fire and they shot it and still didn't detonate.

13. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I think that if I were FBI, and even if I knew that, I'd call for a SWAT sniper to do it from a safe distance. Not enough time? Back off to a safe distance and open fire. I damn sure wouldn't stand right over the bomb and start blasting.

But, hey, that's just me. Maybe I'm overly cautious.

14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I admit to not paying full attention to this show, so I'll ask this question:

Are we SURE that Shepard (I think that's her name) and the brother are REALLY her mom and brother? Remember they had her convinced she was Taylor Shaw. Could this be another story by the baddies who are trying to manipulate her into having some family connection so she would be more likely to do as they said? Or did they give a full proof explanation that she's definitely her daughter? (I'm assuming adopted, as she looks nothing like the mom.)

15. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    It's a possibility. The momma bear is certainly treacherous. I haven't seen any evidence that Jane is being duped, but this show moves so fast, it you blink you could miss a lot.

I usually have to watch the show again the next day just to be sure that I absorbed everything I saw in the first pass.

:D

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I wouldn't put it past Mom...but Bro seems pretty sincere in his familial feelings towards Jane, to the point where he's willing to effectively betray the organization to protect her. I'm guessing it's some reasonable facsimile of the truth.

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    They weren't shooting at the C4. They were shooting at all the mechanical parts of the bomb in the middle. The idea was that they didn't have time to properly defuse it, so just shoot the crap out of it and hopefully that will destroy the timing/detonation mechanism.

18. eddyj

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    They did say C-4 was very stable and would not be set off by shooting it. I have read it is very stable, but I have no clue if it is THAT stable.

edit: I guess you can indeed shoot it and it will not go off, from what the Google says.

19. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    The C4 going off due to bullet impacts to the C4 is not a worry.

What should be a worry is that when the first bullet or two hit the circuitry, that there could be an electrical surge that could detonate the C4. That becomes increasingly unlikely as additional bullets destroy the circuitry so that there is no electrical path between the electronics and the detonator. But the first few bullets would be really scary.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  20. eddyj

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Which is why they made it clear it was a last ditch thing.