Blindspot "Heave Fiery Knot" (9/21/16) S2E2

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by loubob57, Sep 23, 2016.

1. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX

Advertisements

"Can a Stinger take down an airplane?"

Umm...That's what they were designed for. I was wondering why they were thinking the baddies were going to shoot at the buildings.

That aside, they sure are throwing twists at us. Now Jane is caught in a lie to Shepherd. And gets sent back to the FBI again?

2. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Man I really need to rewatch last season. Toward the end it became background noise to playing Candy Crush. I watch S2E1 and S2E2 back to back and had NFC what is going on.

3. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yeah, that was dumb question to give to Jane. That's like FBI 101. I really hope this show doesn't turn cartoony like Scorpion.

4. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    This is the episode that finished the show for me. Couldn't finish and deleted the 1P. Maybe if there was the tiniest bit of explanation about how those that put the tattoos on her could possibly be so prescient or so clued in to every conspiracy to the place, day, etc. But no, that's probably going to wait for the end of season cliffhanger.

5. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI

Advertisements

They kind of did give an explanation of the tattoos. The group (whose name I can't even remember, that's not a good sign) has operatives in every part of the government. Now whether that's a good choice from a plot perspective in an entirely different conversation.

6. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    And they somehow know months (how long is it supposed to be from when she was tattooed to the current shows) in advance the exact day, time and place of a weapons sale? Or some robbery or other? It makes sense (I guess) that government moles can know some things, but the level of specificity is astoundingly ridiculous.

I guess I'm expecting a little too much sense in these shows. Maybe if the acting were better I could overlook the plot holes. :)

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yeah, at the end of this episode they explained specifically how Sandstorm had received the intel about the gun-waltzing program that led to this specific tattoo. It was through a mole at the DOJ who was the person that the female DEA agent told about her suspicions of what was happening with the guns. They said that Sandstorm had several sources throughout the government and other places that had led to all the intel in the tattoos. NSA had identified a few of them, but they want to identify all of them so they can then swoop in and apprehend them all at once. I suspect that's going to be a big focus of this season - identifying the sources for all the info that Sandstorm has.

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    In this instance, they didn't know about that specific stinger sale when they applied the tattoos. The tat was just supposed to lead them in general to the bad cop who had been trafficking in weapons regularly for some time.

They told Jane to put that tat into play because they then had more recent intel that a major sale (the stingers) was about to happen.

But yeah, the whole thing in general strains credulity.

9. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Good point. Have they ever solved a tattoo only to find the relevant event had happened weeks before?

10. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Not that I can recall, but that would probably be a boring episode. :)

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    "Geez, they were supposed to solve this one MONTHS ago! There have been seventeen arms deals! SEVENTEEN! I guess we'll have to nudge them along..." :D

12. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Of course, they're not doing it because they care about those arms deals, but because the takedown somehow serves their interests in some Rube Goldbergian way.