Blank Wishlists/"Someone in your household...." and other crap!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jaypb, Sep 4, 2007.

1. jaypb

jaypb New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    I have been hit with the dreaded missed recordings over the last year or so as a result of bad guide data/updates etc as well as empty wishlists. But just yesterday I got him with a double dose at the same time...missed recordings (because "someone in my household....") as well as empty wishlists. This happened on one of my 4 10-250's. I haven't had a chance to check the other three in my household but will do that tonight. The odd thing WRT to the missed recordings is: It only hit one of the 2 Conan recordings on my local NBC....and it hit the Leno recording last night. Looking ahead in my to do list, it was going to miss a few Leno's....and a few COnan's here and there....but NO OTHER Season Pass RECORDINGS were set to not record. The rest of my SP's on that 10-250 are non-local channel SP's...so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

In addition, all 4 of my 10-250's are exhibiting odd IR remote behavior. They are all in different rooms in the house (1 in the basement and 3 on the main level). By weird I mean...non-responsive button pushes, delayed button responses (i.e. I hit ffwd 3 times...and it only registers once or I'll hit the guide button ONCE...and it registers TWO hits---and the same thing goes for the info bar). I can't figure out what kind of interference could be affecting all 4 units on different levels in my house in different rooms in the house the EXACT same way.

What a PITA....and just as an FYI I do have a new HR20...but I'm not enamored with it's functionality when I compare it to my 10-250's. Maybe it will grow on me...but I haven't gotten to that point in the 3 months I've had it so far.
    :(

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I assume you did reboots, right? Have all HR10's received the 6.3e software?

With respect to the late night shows, I've noticed that the guide data lately hasn't indicated which ones are repeats.

3. temp357

temp357 New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    Instant Cake 3.1.5f!

4. Marino13

Marino13 New Member

Jan 16, 2007

I too am getting the because "someone in my household...." on one of my three HR10-250's. The weird thing was when I went into the to do list it showed that there were no upcoming episodes for all 39 of my season passes. I deleted all of the season passes and set them up again. It still is giving me the because "someone in my household...." message. It does not do it every time, just enough to be irritating. Will a clear and delete everything fix this? I do not really want to do that because I have some HD stuff that is no longer shown and I do not want to lose it.

5. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    There are different levels of C&D. The one just before "C&D everything" leaves your recordings intact.

6. Sir_winealot

Sir_winealot Seenyer Member

Nov 18, 2000

It's called "Clear Program Data and To Do List."

7. Marino13

Marino13 New Member

Jan 16, 2007

Yeah, I tried that and every time I do it the to do list keeps saying none selected on all of the season passes even after 48 hours.