Blank DVD's

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by c monkey, Jan 9, 2006.

1. c monkey

c monkey New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Chiacgo, IL
    Does anyone know where I can find blank DVD-9 in bulk for recording tivo'd shows to dvd at a reasonable price? I have the 4.7gb blank dvds but they only hold two hours. I record lots of football games and would like to put the whole game on the disc without having to reduce the quality. Any help would be appreciated.

2. N2DEEP

N2DEEP Rocky Rooooad

Dec 21, 2004
    San Diego,...
  3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    Dual Layer DVD-R's and "reasonable prices" have yet to meet and shake hands...it's cheaper to burn to two single layer discs...
    But do you really find yourself repeatedly watching the same football games??? Once the element of surprise is gone, it's just not the same...

4. c monkey

c monkey New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Chiacgo, IL
    Well it isn't for watching at the present moment; its more for a collection of the season. Then during the offseason, when I am going through post-football season depression, I replay the games.

How can I burn one game to two discs? The only way I can think of doing it is by using videoredo to seperate 1st and 2nd half and put each half on a disc. That sounds okay but then I will have more discs laying around and after I delete commercials and halftime, the length of the game is only 2 hrs and change. The 4.7 discs hold 2 hours of video, so I am just missing the boat. I am not sure, I might just have to put them on two discs.