Blacklist - 01/26/17 - Rerun Already????

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by speedcouch, Jan 27, 2017.

1. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina

Advertisements

Anyone know why the Blacklist was a rerun last night? One new episode and back to an episode from September! I caught up on first three seasons on Netflix, so my dvr picked it up as a "new" episode for me for some reason. Really disappointed, as I was looking forward to watching it this morning.

Cheryl

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Because this is what the networks do. Rather than string together 7-8 episodes, they show 2-3 and then reruns. Years ago, they used to show "specials" in these cases, now they just show reruns. I'd rather they just run the season in big blocks. One, it would be easier to follow and two, I think it would give the networks the opportunity to run another series in the same slot.

3. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    39 weeks. 21-24 episodes. = 15-18 reruns.

4. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    There are still sweep months, November, February and May. Ratings those months are used for ad rate purposes. You less like seeing a rerun in February vs January.

Blacklist is going to be off for 2 months, blacklist redemption airing in its place. I don't think we'll be getting the full quota if 15-18 reruns this year.

5. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida

Advertisements

Good point about Blacklist Redemption. I forgot to factor that in.

Indications are that Blacklist will have a full complement of 21 episodes. Blacklist Redemption will have 8 episodes.

So revising my earlier post:

39 weeks. 21 + 8 episodes. = 11 reruns.