Black & White Picture, but color menus???

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Guyute1210, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Guyute1210

Guyute1210 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Western...
    I have a Series 2, and within the past couple days, I've noticed that any TV coming out of the TiVo is Black & white, but the TiVo menu's are still in color. If I put the TiVo in standby, the passthrough RF gives me a color picture. It's also somewhat interrmittent, a show recorded yesterday evening was in B&W, but something that recorded this morning was recorded in Color, and now it's recording B&W again. I've rebooted it a few times, that hasn't helped. Any ideas? It's lifetimed so I want to save it, I don't want to loose the lifetime. Thanks

-nate

2. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX
    Are you using an s-video cable? I have heard of issues when this is not connected tightly...or the cable has gone bad. Anyone else recall better than me?

Jim

3. Guyute1210

Guyute1210 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Western...
    I'm using an S-Video cable. I can watch previously recorded material in color, just not some recordings as of lately.

4. TiVo Steve

TiVo Steve New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Seattle WA.
    Are you using a cable box? If so, try the composite (or RF/antenna) input. :)

5. Guyute1210

Guyute1210 New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Western...
    I have a D*TV Sat Box using RCA. I have the coax hooked up being used as a pass through, I'll go into the setup and change to the coax and see if there's something different.

edit: i got my color back! I guess it's a bad S-Video cable. Thanks!