Black screen No picture on restart!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by HVYCHVY, Mar 30, 2017.

1. HVYCHVY

HVYCHVY New Member

Jul 23, 2004

Advertisements

I have an OTA I bought on 2/27/17 that is starting to give me problems. All worked well up until a couple weeks ago when I started dickering with the antenna to get a better signal. Using a Channel Master preamp and amplifier, I got an 86 peak after moving the antenna around the room, using the Tivo signal meter but I lost the local national feed and the others were about 50%. After about an hour of dikering with the antenna and the various signal amplifiers, I hung the antenna back where it was before, and ordered an indoor antenna. Three days later I start to watch Tivo, but the screen is black the the dreaded Weak or No signal....I change source to check the TV and it does not have a signal either, just the channel info box. I unplugged, waited 10 minutes and plugged it back in. No signal on the screen, just the center light and yellow flickering. I ran the HDMI directly to the TV with a digital audio connection, rebooted, no sound during reboot (tapping foot, music etc), and black screen. When I hooked my new antenna up, I got the same results. black picture and no channels 'thru' the OTA box.
    I cannot get a screen to pull up to even try a master reset. Ive swapped out HDMI cables, inputs, and also ran them directly to the TV. No change. Could the HDMI output be fubar? What is Tivo warranty?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Did TV give out?