black and white picture when run through an A/V amp

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Crowdstorm, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Crowdstorm

Crowdstorm New Member

Apr 25, 2008

Advertisements

I just bought a new Onkyo 875 amp and bought a scart adaptor to convert the TiVo signal into an audio and s-VHS stream. Problem is that the sound us great but picture is black and white and grainy. Running it direct to tv works fine.

Any ideas?

2. Automan

Automan Ex TiVo User

Oct 29, 2000
    South...
    Are you sure it is a converter and not just a box expecting S-Video from a scart socket?

Automan.

3. Crowdstorm

Crowdstorm New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    well I know the audio signals coming out are fine as is the s-VHS signal as I can plug the svhs straight into the tv and it works fine.

When I put the same svhs cable through the amp - black and white grainy picture

4. Automan

Automan Ex TiVo User

Oct 29, 2000
    South...
    Have you got more info on the conveter?
    Tivo only outputs scart RGB or composite video.

The B&W picture is normally associated with S-Video not getting all the required data.

Automan.

5. Crowdstorm

Crowdstorm New Member

Apr 25, 2008

Advertisements

Sure - it's by nikon. One end connects to scary on TiVo and the other hand has red and white audio out sockets ? A yellow socket, and one a-VHS socket ..

6. Automan

Automan Ex TiVo User

Oct 29, 2000
    South...
  7. Crowdstorm

Crowdstorm New Member

Apr 25, 2008
    that's the one. Will give the yellow composite a go. Weird howbit died not like s-vhs.

Many thanks for your help - much appreciated

8. Automan

Automan Ex TiVo User

Oct 29, 2000
    South...
    Yes those gadgets are more like a gender changer from scart to s-video but do not convert the signals.

A few products around have the option to output a s-video signal from a scart socket or of course the reverse.

Tivo also does not have this as an option.

Powered RGB to S-Video converters do exist for example http://www.js-technology.com/product_info.php?products_id=34

Automan.