"Bionic Woman" - First episode Leaked

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Jul 25, 2007 #1 of 145
    Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    First episode of the show, "Bionic Woman" has been leaked onto the internet.

2. Jul 25, 2007 #2 of 145
    atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Is it with Mae Whitman as the deaf sister or Lucy Hale as a hearing one? :)

If Lucy Hale is in it, all I can say is that was fast!

3. Jul 25, 2007 #3 of 145
    LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    From the .nfo that I see, it's the pilot episode, NOT the first episode (in other words, it still has Mae Whitman in it).

4. Jul 25, 2007 #4 of 145
    analog4

analog4 New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    I kind of was looking forward to Mae Whitman and her character.

5. Jul 25, 2007 #5 of 145
    FilmCritic3000

FilmCritic3000 Active Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    :up: :up: :up:

While I'll still watch, she was a big part of my desire to watch the series.

6. Jul 25, 2007 #6 of 145
    atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    After seeing all of the "clips" on the NBC website and the various promos on TV, this pilot felt very disconjointed to me. The plot seemed quite rushed, almost like this is some kind of Reader's Digest version of the story, or even a "presentation" of what they intend to do with the series. Obviously that's what a pilot is, but this one didn't flow very well for me.

That being said, I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to a "real" episode.

7. Jul 26, 2007 #7 of 145
    dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I sure how they fix stuff when they reshoot to replace Jamie's sister. I guess those implants must have online help for how quickly she became accustomed to using multiple abilities simultaneously.

I sure hope they plan to do more than just have conflict between what seems to be an earlier project group and this one.

In general I found the plot very disappointing. It was more an excuse to employ some special effects techs. And frankly except for what seemed like a few shaky overlays of x-ray like imagery, I think the original Bionic Woman had more interesting effects... well, except maybe the running scene from Jamie's POV through the woods. But there, again, we see something that's just wrong... that is a significant amount of input for the brain to process -- running through a dense forest at speeds like she was -- and she was just all too at ease in doing it for essentially what to us was presented as the very first time using her bionic legs full-out.

I think this show is going to end up in the "reasons why original ideas are better than remakes" bin.

8. Jul 26, 2007 #8 of 145
    LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I don't think they're just going to reshoot certain scenes.. I'd suspect that at best they'll scavenge a few scenes, but probably just about the full episode will be reshot. I'll wait to pass judgment until I see at least the first REAL episode, and probably wait to decide until I see a couple. I think this could be good.

9. Aug 2, 2007 #9 of 145
    WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Harry and I watched this last night. Katee Sackhoff made a really good villain and I hope they bring her back. It looks like Jamie subconsciously knows that Sarah Corvis is responsible for the accident, but it hasn't exactly reached her conscious mind yet.

The whole deaf sister angle makes you wonder if they aren't going to give her the auditory implant at some point during the series.

10. Aug 2, 2007 #10 of 145
    dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Weren't, not aren't. The role was rewritten and recast. The new sister isn't deaf.

11. Aug 2, 2007 #11 of 145
    Bai Shen

Bai Shen Toboggan noggin

Dec 17, 2004
    Has this aired already?

12. Aug 2, 2007 #12 of 145
    JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    No, but it's available on BT.

13. Aug 3, 2007 #13 of 145
    danplaysbass

danplaysbass I watch too much TV.

Jul 19, 2004
    Philadelphia
    I watched it. It was ok as a pilot but there was no flavor as to what an average episode may feel like. I never saw the original show so I have nothing to base the character on.

Will her relationship with the "organization" be a plot that is always there with each episode having mini plot resolved each time? Or is that the whole story?

14. Aug 3, 2007 #14 of 145
    WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    They mentioned "non-military applications" for Jamie. That's basically how the original Bionic Woman worked. She basically did intelligence missions that took advantage of her enhancements and her adventures were usually less military oriented than her counterpart, "The Six Million Dollar Man."

15. Aug 5, 2007 #15 of 145
    Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I watched it. It was ok. It's curently unairable as a pilot. I like the star. She reminds me of Jennifer Garner in the first season of Alias. I also wonder if they are going to reshoot the whole thing.

16. Aug 5, 2007 #16 of 145
    Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    The nicest thing I can say about it is that it was much better than the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I watched it mainly to see Michelle Ryan after having seen her in Jekyll.

I'll watch the reworked episode to see how they change it, but not sure I've seen anything season pass worthy yet.

17. Aug 5, 2007 #17 of 145
    Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Is this leaked on BT or is it available on more legitimate sources? If so, link?

18. Aug 5, 2007 #18 of 145
    Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    BT.

19. Aug 5, 2007 #19 of 145
    dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It wouldn't be a leak if it were from "legitimate" sources, now would it? :)

20. Aug 5, 2007 #20 of 145
    LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Having now finally seen this myself, I'm not sure what you mean by it being "currently unairable as a pilot." I mean, the version that's out there is obviously unfinished, with some temp visual f/x, and no title or credit sequence, and what might be a temporary soundtrack (sounded like it was lifted from a catalog soundtrack library, because I swear there were pieces that sounded straight out of "House, M.D.") but other than that, it would probably have worked just fine as a first episode.

Obviously they'll have to replace the scenes with the sister, and the scene where they were discussing whether she was a 'candidate' would probably also have to be replaced or re-edited... but on the whole, there was more there that they'd be able to reuse than I originally thought.

It's a pilot/first episode, so as could be expected, it was fairly infected with exposition fairies.... but that's the point of a first episode, so I don't typically hold that against it. I think if there was a bad part, it was the bit about the guy Sarah (the other bionic woman) seemingly reported to/"belonged" to. He wasn't nearly a strong enough character (or actor) to provoke any sort of suspense or mystery, and they didn't include enough of him to make me interested or curious. Perhaps including only Sarah in the first episode, then eventually developing her background over the next episodes, would be better.

Overall, it was pretty good. Right now, it's not to the point that I'd be broken up if they yank it right away, but it was interesting enough to keep me watching.