Binge-Watch 'Picard' for FREE

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tommiet, Mar 24, 2020.

1. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
  2. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I tried doing this but there no place to put in the code for the free month, via the Amazon Prime Video app. Now I only have a 7 day free trial.

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Is there a way to watch this thru TiVo? Otherwise, I guess I can watch on my laptop and use my Chromecast to put it on my TV. Or just plug my laptops HDMI out into my AVR. I guess there's a CBS app that might run on Android phone or tablet? (but they are ancient (5.1.1 and 4.4.4 respectively)).

I might binge Picard and Discovery. The latter sounds more interesting. I don't have any premium streaming subscriptions, so this would be a nice addition.

4. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    You will enjoy Discovery. First year has Jason Isaacs who is great in everything including The OA on Netflix. 2nd year you get Anson Mount as Capt Beep Boop. (cant believe I forgot his name. Its Star Trek---its great.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I've never bothered with TiVo.

CBS | All Access Support lists the supported devices. Apparently, 1st gen Chromecasts aren't supported. Not sure if they're referring to both versions that looked like USB flashes drives (there were actually two versions) before the two round ones followed.

My normal means of watching it is via my Roku 3. I just tried with 1st version of round Chromecast and found that the audio is stereo only. :( I can get 5.1 sound on my Roku 3 with CBS All Access. I also have an Apple TV 4K but I rarely use it.

CBS | All Access Support says what you want to try w/Chromecast should work as long it's at least a "2nd gen". Usually, the 1st round one (middle one at https://www.howtogeek.com/438642/how-to-check-if-your-chromecast-is-still-getting-updates/) is considered to be "2nd gen".

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    The CBS offers don't work through Amazon Prime.

Scott

7. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    That's the only way I have to watch it on my TV, sucks for me then I guess.