1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billions (SHO) Season Three Thread *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Mar 25, 2018.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Discussion thread for S3 of the Showtime series "Billions". Spoilers allowed up to any episode that has aired on Showtime.

markymark_ctown likes this.
  2. Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Streaming now on ShowtimeAnytime
    (I'll wait for after it airs tonight to discuss)

3. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Great start. Looks like Taylor will be getting a larger role this season. They're one of the more interesting characters on TV these days. Loved the scene in the sauna!

I'm confused about Axe and Lara. Did they split at the end of last season? Are they actually "maritally/relationship separated", or just apart for legal reasons?

Whoever plays the new Treasury Sec has "smug & smarmy, just wanna slap the **** out of 'em" down to an art.

What's the name of the actor playing the new AG? And wouldn't one think the list he gave Chuck will come back to haunt him?

4. swyman18

swyman18 Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Honoka'a, HI
    Clancy Brown... I knew he looked familiar, he played the crooked prison guard from Shawshank Redemption, Byron Hadley.

5. Apr 2, 2018 #5 of 45
    tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I'm trying to figure that out too. I don't remember them officially splitting, but they clearly are apart. Axe sleeping with someone else is never something he did when they were together, despite the offers (remembering the concert in Calgary)

6. Apr 2, 2018 #6 of 45
    Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Also, the guide data had Episode 2 listed as Episode 3 and no Episode 2 in the listings.

7. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Fun season so far. Wondering which way the Doctor will lean as a witness...looks like he's leaning against Axe.

And the last episode had the worst sex scene ever...

8. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    yeah, that was pretty awkward.. but I think it was meant to be.

9. swyman18

swyman18 Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Honoka'a, HI
    Yeah... when I saw the two of them making googly eyes at each other during their meetings, I was like dear God no please.

10. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Billions Renewed for Season 4

Billions still has sizable currency at Showtime: The cabler has renewed the Paul Giamatti-Damian Lewis drama for Season 4.

Currently midway into its third season, Billions will shift to Sundays at 9/8c (up an hour from 10/9c) beginning May 6. (It fills the gap left by Homeland, which wraps its current season this Sunday.) The series will remain in the 9/8c perch through its season finale on June 10.

Billions currently stands as Showtime’s No. 2 drama series, behind Homeland. Its Season 3 premiere was up 23 percent vs. the Season 2 opener.

Billions continues to build its audience as it explores the heights of power and wealth even as it plumbs the depths of the human psyche,” said Gary Levine, Showtime’s President of Programming. “[Co-creators] Brian [Koppelman] and David [Levien] are gifted, propulsive storytellers and we can’t wait to see where they and their extraordinary cast will take us in season four.”

markymark_ctown and NorthAlabama like this.
  11. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.

Ah, but the cost...

12. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hmm so the Dr gets $11 million for going to prison for 5 years, with no trial, and he doesn’t get ratted out for withholding treatment from a patient. Guess he could have done worse.

The whole party scene at the end with the womanizing and popping random pills seemed so out of character for Axe.

super dave likes this.
  13. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Agree. And the look on his face, at first, made it seem like he was having second thoughts. Then he got this goofy grin, that I'm guessing was his version of the drugs kicking in, and any regrets faded away.

14. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, seemed pretty reasonable after all. The doctor is the patsy in this whole scheme, gets 5 years that nobody really cares about, he gets out and nobody remembers anything about Rhodes or Axe. Except Connerty.

Totally agreed. It was clear that he and Waggs were going to 'party', but I didn't think it was going to be like that. Strange.

Also would have made a good season finale, but looks like they still have some more runway out there for this season.

---------

That scene in the courtoom when they suddenly lost the cell phone record evidence of Wendy's phone call (and the entire case) reminded me of this:

15. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    Felt very much like a season finale with so much wrapped up. Interested in what's next with several episodes left.

Love this show!!

super dave likes this.
  16. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    Right said Fred, classic, this was a fun episode.

Hank likes this.
  17. SullyND

SullyND W: 56-27 TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    This has to be one of, if not the, best shows on TV. Asia Kate Dillon was phenomenal in this last episode.

18. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Asia Kate Dillon is indeed a phenome on the show. The triumvirate of Taylor, Axe, and Wags is unbeatable.

I put The Americans and Westworld above this one, but it is right up there!

19. markymark_ctown

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Who was that Ax was playing tennis with in that episode? I want to say Maria Sharapova, but too lazy to actually look :)

Ax has a good forehand!

20. markymark_ctown

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Yes, it was Maria. Thanks for checking!