Biggest Loser 12/7/10

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DancnDude, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Dec 8, 2010 #1 of 14
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI

Advertisements

So Elizabeth just doesn't have a chance. She really didn't look like she worked out at all at home. I was actually really surprised that she even finished the marathon. I really didn't think she'd have it in her to complete it. She won't last long at home before she starts packing back on the pounds.

And way to go Ada! A record Biggest Loser time for the ladies, even with her bathroom break ;)

I think Patrick is the one to beat. He needs the money, has the motivation, and has the time to focus on weight loss.

2. Dec 8, 2010 #2 of 14
    KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Thats probably true. Patrick should be able to lose over or right at 50%.

I voted for Ada several times on NBC.Com this morning.

3. Dec 8, 2010 #3 of 14
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I hated it when they changed the show to 2 hours, I hate it more that they changed the start time to 9:00.

4. Dec 8, 2010 #4 of 14
    IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I'd prefer that Ada was the winner but I think it will be Patrick. I dislike Frado and I don't expect Elizabeth to win the vote and even if she does, she is too far behind to win.

5. Dec 8, 2010 #5 of 14
    KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004

Advertisements

Frado and Patrick probably have their whole towns trying to vote through Elizabeth.

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Is it just me, or do some of the people at the finale appear that they take a "starvation route" to losing the weight prior to the finale? I could almost see Patrick doing that for the money alone. :quizzical shrug:

7. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Sure they do. Helen lost a stupid amt of weigh at the end. Some contestants live on sugar free jello near the end. Ryan said he had blood in his urine due to the lack of proper nutrition at the end. When 250.000 is on the line, there is no telling what people will do. That's one reason why all the winners except Ali have gained at least some weight since they won. Most gain 20-30 lbs before they find a weight they have a hope of staying at.

8. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    And Tara's face showed "what a cheat"!

9. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Tara gets the last laugh. She is making way more out the whole thing than Helen is.

10. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Even Ali has gained some weight. Maybe not 20-30 lbs, but she is definitely bigger than she was at the finale.

11. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    No more than 5 pounds. But Ali has a lot more on the line than the other contestants, she's the poster child for TBL, she's on all the commercials and some of the products. I'm also willing to bet she's the one replacing Jillian at the end of S11.

Greg

12. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I don't think post-finale weight gain is crazy at all... It's not even remotely reaslitic to expect someone to go from 400lbs to under 200 in six months and be able to maintain it... On the show and at home prepping for the finale, they can live in a bubble but afterwards, when reality comes back, they're gonna gain some weight. Which is fine though--I think it's incredible how much weight these people are able to lose by pure diet and excersize alone (for the most part anyway), and it's great that it no doubt saves their lives, but they have to have realistic expectations about their lives after the show.

Anyway, I'm conflicted on Patrick and Frado...everyone whines about how awful they are as human beings, but I don't buy it. They acted like a**holes on a (heavily influenced and edited) game show--I don't think that should be the only thing they're judged on for the rest of their lives. Frado seems genuinely blessed to have his life back, and seems to care about his family and friends. Patrick wants to lose weight so he can be alive for his wife and sons, and has said many times that he feels guilty for having to borrow money from family and friends to stay afloat, and wants to win so he can pay them back. Just cause they played the game a bit doesn't mean they're bad guys.

Personally I want Ada to win just based on the life she had... I saw a lot of complaints about how there was "no one to root for" this season, which I found crazy... I don't typically give a crap who wins but Ada's story was like getting punched in the face. The only contestant to even come close was Abby, who's story still messes me up. When Ada had her moment with her parents it was just like "thank god" because after hearing all season about how they treated her you're just like "she's either gonna kill herself or kill them one day".

Realistcally, there's no way Ada or Elizabeth is winning this. Patrick and Frado are pretty evenly matched, but Frado has more physical issues so if he hurts himself, Patrick might have the edge. I'd be fine if he won--I don't think what they show on TV is a true representation of who these people are...

13. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I thought Frado was kind of annoying at the start but I never thought he was an awful human being. And as the show went on he didn't really seem as bad. Sure, he and Patrick and Brendan were super cocky, but I don't think any of them are really bad people, and Frado seems to seems to have changed his attitude. Or maybe his attitude has been the same all along and they just improved his edit.

The only person I have ever had that reaction to, that they are just awful people, are Vicky and... her husband, that I couldn't even ever remember his name even when he was on the show. It was just "that shrew Vicky and her husband". :)

14. jtlytle

jtlytle Un-Registered User

May 17, 2005
    Sacramento,...
    I would like to see either Ada or Frado to win. I believe that Elizabeth will gain back all the weights one year later.