Biggest Finale 5/24/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by IJustLikeTivo, May 24, 2011.

1. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Deserving winner. All three finalists looked great but as soon as they came out in weight in clothes, you knew who was going to win. I hope Olivia now gets the roles she deserves with her new look.

Deni, the stay at home winner looked awful. This is what happens when weight alone is the criteria. I bet that's she is weaker than when she left. Like Sherry a couple years back, too much weight loss with too little muscle is bad.

The first year or two, they had a formula that used both weight and body fat. They need to go back to that.

2. ibergu

ibergu Member

May 8, 2004
    Where was Rulon? Bet he gained a lot of the weight back. Seems childish that he quit in the middle of the show because he lost to a girl (Tara).

3. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    I read somewhere that if you quit, you are not eligible to appear in the finale.

4. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    When he quit he said it would be his last weigh-in. Rumors out there say he was kicked out for breaking rules.

5. pops_porter

pops_porter Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Minnesota
    The articles/blogs I read said that Rulon was kicked out for breaking rules, and if that's the case I'm not surprised he wasn't invited back for the finale.

I was pulling for Irene, but she just didn't have any more weight to lose.

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I could not tell if Hannah or Olivia would win. They looked identical to me.

I would have liked to have seen Courtney win the at home prize but she was not even close. And yeah Denise looked terrible, Sarah on the other hand looked terrific.

7. MLR930

MLR930 Mandie

Dec 26, 2002
    Rhode Island
    Unfortunately I found out who won before I watched because some message board troll on Weight Watchers.com decided to do a post titled "Olivia won" with "spoiler alert" inside. I'm still so pissed!

Anyone else think Anna K needs to eat something? Way too thin

8. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Did Moses and Kaylee gain weight since leaving the ranch?

9. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    It sure looked like Kaylee gained weight to me as well.

I'm happy for Olivia and Hannah. They did a great job all season long as well as being entertaining.

10. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Woo, Olivia and Hannah were my favorite team all along. They looked fantastic!

Other random thoughts about the finale:

- Irene's dress and her whole posture on stage were terrible. She was all hunched over, crossing her arms in front of herself. I'm guessing she was self conscious about all the extra skin that was hanging out of the top of the dress. They really couldn't have picked a better wardrobe choice for her than that awful dress?

- I was really surprised that the twins did so well at home. I thought for sure they were going to go home and not do much at all. Good for them.

- The red team didn't do very well at home. I was surprised that they had numbers up near 100, because I was kinda snarking at the tv when they came out, "did you guys even lose anything?"

- Deni did look awful.

- Sarah on the other hand looked fantastic! Her face was so changed.

- Someone should have told Cara that it's not appropriate to dress like a hooker for the live finale.

- The former contestants that they showed in the audience (both during the segment with Ali and just general panning across the crowd) were kind of a mixed bag as usual. Ali of course looked good, and Danny has kept his weight off well, too. Mark looked weirdly like he'd gained a lot of weight back but also bulked up with a lot of muscles. Can't remember who else was in that segment with Ali but none of them stick in my mind as looking super great. Frado wasn't in that group with Ali but I saw him in the crowd during a pan coming back from commercial and he looked like he'd gained some weight back.

- I knew Rulon wouldn't be back but I admit I am curious if he's put weight back on, too. Also I did think that Moses and Kaylee looked like they'd gained weight since leaving the ranch, as well.

- I miss the segments where the show more about their lives at home after they leave the ranch and are preparing for the finale. They've cut that out entirely, and I enjoyed seeing that more than asking a random question or two to people who were elminated weeks and weeks ago.

11. MLR930

MLR930 Mandie

Dec 26, 2002
    Rhode Island
    I disagree I thought Irene's dress was gorgeous!

12. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I thought Olivia and Hannah looked smoking hot.

13. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Moses was up 1 lbs and Kaylee was up 14 lbs.

Irene lost 8 lbs since the last weigh in, Hannah lost 18, Olivia lost 17. They both finished with a BMI of 19.5. Actually lower than Deni who finished at 21.1 and looked awful.

Dan and Don both lost over 100 lbs at home. That's impressive considering how early they left the ranch.

Not sure why but the weight loss between the last week and the finale seems less dramatic this year. Not sure if the time frame changed.

The red team did very poorly. Considering that we know it was at least 5 months, they really should have lost more.

BTW Laria, I thought the same thing when I saw Cara's hooker outfit. Seriously, this is national TV, not the street corner.

14. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Which is why I avoided Facebook, twitter et al until I got home to watch.... There is always someone who want to do this.

Yes, Anna K looks god awful. That's not an example of fitness for me. There were pics of Lee Ann Rimes in the paper yesterday on vaca with Eddie C and she is the same now. Skin and bones. Nasty.

Unless the new health and wellness are going to discuss eating disorders, I think she is a poor choice.

15. Hansky

Hansky Active Member

Nov 17, 2005
    The current US standards (where 2/3 are significantly overweight or obese): If a person works out, eats healthy and has low body fat, they look unhealthy and must have an eating disorder according to the average person on a message board. That ranks up there with saying that overweight women are "real women" (not intended as a shot at women, it just happens to be a common line about a fat person) or overweight people are "normal" (average, maybe, but that is not a good thing).

Yes, Anna Kournikova, an elite athlete her entire life, is "not an example of fitness..." This is like the picture of the slob who would "date" the much nicer looking women if he was drunk.

16. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Loved that Olivia won, she looked fantastic. That dress was killer! I was also impressed with her husband's weight loss on his own - wow!

I agree that Irene didn't carry herself well on stage, hunched, arms crossed.

Also, Did Michelle Aguillar and the biggest loser break ties? She wasn't on the reunion last season, she wasn't here at the finals.

Now I have to undelete this, to evaluate Cara's outfit. Didn't seem offensive/hookerish when we watched.

T

17. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Michelle never did much with the BL after she won. She spends most of her time on her fan page discussing her faith and religion. Nothing wrong with that but I unliked the page since there was no value to me.

18. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Well, she hasn't been an elite athlete in some time. :) She was never really a threat on the WTA after 1998-2000, and has been retired since like 2003.

She is still obviously in very good shape, but there have been long persistent rumors that she has eating disorders because she lost an extreme amount of weight a while back and pretty much looked like a skeleton with some skin on it. She has always denied having an eating disorder, and she does look a bit better now, but she still is very thin.

This "now" picture is from when she was looking super skinny, around 2006, playing in some charity match. The "then" picture is from her WTA days.

[​IMG]

Another "then":
    [​IMG]

And "now" (again not now-now, but like 2003-2004 now):
    [​IMG]

19. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    She was wearing a hot pink shiny dress that was so short, it was barely covering the stuff it should have been covering. :) Part of it too was the angle she was standing to the camera. She was standing with her side to the camera, and while she is obviously in great shape, unlike Jillian, she does have some booty. The dress was barely covering it and from the side view the cut made it look like she was sticking it out.

20. IJustLikeTivo

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I would generally agree that world class athlete were good fitness role models.

But, it's been a long time since she was competitive. We know nothing of her ability to train anyone but herself and she clearly is much thinner than in her prime tennis years to the point where it doesn't appear that she is within the standard weight range for a person of her height.