Big Ten Network

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by MasterOfPuppets, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Sep 1, 2007 #1 of 11
    MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but DirecTV is carrying the Big Ten Network on channel 220, available to all Choice subscribers.
    Games start today, you can see the schedule here.
    On my SAS2, it is listed as "Information Channel" in the Tivo Guide.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

2. Sep 1, 2007 #2 of 11
    Chew

Chew New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    I was searching for this very issue: I'm have no guide data for this channel.

Hopefully, this will be updated soon!

3. Sep 1, 2007 #3 of 11
    tigercat74

tigercat74 Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Aug 7, 2004
    Powell, TN
    The Big Ten Network is also on 218, 219, 221. These are alternate feeds on D*.

4. Sep 1, 2007 #4 of 11
    Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    And it was enjoyable watching Michigan choke against Appy State :)

5. Sep 2, 2007 #5 of 11
    OhioUmpire

OhioUmpire New Member

Dec 2, 2003
    It was only a choke if you are one of the mass who subsribes t the preseason hype. Least ye not forget thou coach is Lloyd Carr..... those of us who are Ohio State fans see this simply as an App State victory. *lol* We also call him Lloyd Cooper, cause he can't beat Ohio State!

6. Sep 2, 2007 #6 of 11
    mjh

mjh Re: Member

Dec 19, 2002
    What is the deal with the "alternate" channels? I see lots of ESPNa and other alternate channels, including multiple BTNa channels. I was able to get the Wash St / Wisconsin game on one of the BTNa channels. It wasn't auto-recorded by my wishlist for "Wisconsin" because I didn't tell TIVO that I subscribed to those channels, so the wishlist never found the game.

Questions:
    1. If there's a program available on a BTN alternate channel, will I always be able to get it?
    2. Does this rule apply also to all the other "alternate" channels? (e.g. ESPNa, FSNa, etc)
    3. Should I include the alternate channels in the "Channels I receive" list so that my wishlists pick up the shows I want on them? (Yeah, yeah, I know it's not called that in the new 6.3e software)

7. Sep 2, 2007 #7 of 11
    MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    usually the ESPN Alternates are only available if something is blacked out in your area.
    I Tivoed the Michigan/App St game...I was elsewhere, but I listened to the game on Sirius...got home, deleted it.
    Lloyd Carr can't adjust to the unexpected, never has. Lloyd must go.

8. Sep 6, 2007 #8 of 11
    Chew

Chew New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    I submitted a missing channel request to TiVo this morning and just received a response that the guide data would be added today and should be available within 1-3 days. :)

Edit: Guide data for BTN was added during today's call. :up:

9. umbighouse

umbighouse New Member

Dec 18, 2002
    Maryland
    Are you telling me that some of you actually saw the Michigan home opener on the Big Ten Network? All that was showing for me was some horror film about a Grade B football team whooping up on some unsuspecting young defensive unit. It was awful to watch.

10. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Don't think these ever officially got answered...

Not always, because it's theoretically possible that it could be blacked out in your area (because the game is being carried by a local TV station or something like that). But especially if you don't live in a Big Ten-intensive part of the country, you should usually get to see whatever's on BTN and on whatever BTNa is active.

Yes -- again, unless there's a reason for something to be blacked out in your area.

Yes, you should.

11. EricG

EricG TiVo Junkie

Jan 31, 2002
    The...
    Not as much fun as Michigan and Oregon !!

Go Bucks!