Big Love, "The Happiest Girl," OAD 8/13/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aindik, Aug 14, 2007.

1. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...

Advertisements

Odd that there's no thread yet. I thought this was another good episode. Barb says she's tired of lying, but, really, she's not. She likes it much better than having the truth come out.

The storyline with Rhonda blackmailing Sarah's friend with lesbian tendencies toward Sarah didn't make much sense. Just let Rhonda tell whoever she wants whatever she wants. Nobody believes Rhonda anyway. And the friend's parents are nuts. It's funny how some religious people think other religious people are nuts just because their religions are different.

Did the writers screw up by having a character named "Rhonda" and a character named "Wanda?" That's almost as silly as naming Tony Soprano's counsin "Tony B." Why confuse the audience for no reason?

2. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Frankly, I've just been getting more and more frustrated with the wives over the last few weeks....especially Nikki and Barb. Nikki is just totally off the wall and Barb is just a big b*tch undermining everything Bill does. The Nikki stealing and then spilling the Weaver gaming was just idiotic.

3. UTV2TiVo

UTV2TiVo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Sacramento...
    I was thinking the same thing until I realized the only way it might work is if the allegation is actually true. That's the only thing that would make Sarah's friend reluctant to say anything.

At the end while Rhonda was singing it looked like Sarah's friend was having a heated discussion with her mother on the other side of the glass booth. I was wondering if she finally decided to tell her mother about Rhonda's blackmail. I guess we'll find out next week.

4. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    It needs to not only be true, but it needs to be something that the friend (I looked up the name - Heather) plans to tell Sarah about soon. If she intends to keep it to herself, she can let Rhonda say it and just say Rhonda's full of crap. No danger of changing her story later if she's never going to make her feelings known.

5. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

Did you see how Ben was all excited while he was talking to the twins?

6. betativoII

betativoII Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Who is Rhonda's mother? Because the woman that I thought was her mother earlier in the season looks ALOT like Alby's wife, the "nurse."

7. TR7spyder

TR7spyder New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Mass
    Did I miss sarcasm? I thought that he appeared a annoyed with them :confused:

I do not think that it matters if Heather is actually gay, her nutty perents would probably forbid her to see Sarah, just in case. But I sence that producers are moving toward her actually being gay.

And Nikki is an IDIOT!

- $50k + credit card debt
    -then instead of giving Bill a heads up on what Alby is up to, she instead rubs him
    -then throws at secret party for Bill’s brother
    - and now she outs their new business…

Those are at LOT of screw-ups!

But I am shocked at lack of interest in this show. Both my wife and I are totally hooked. I wonder if the subject matter keeps people from giving it a shot?

8. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    I thought he seemed interested in them as well.

I agree it doesn't matter if it is true or not they would probably believe evil Rhonda.

The women who plays Alby's wife looks familiar but I can't place her. Anyone know the name of the actress? IMDB and wikepidia weren't any help. It is SOOO weird to look at the phots on IMDB and see non quant pictures! lol

9. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    Nikki Nikki Nikki, last week she steals 60K from the religion mob and this week she rats out Bill. But I still thinks she's the hottest wife, conservative dress and all.

10. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    :D

I think it could also be the title. Any time I've asked someone if they watch it they give me a look like I've been watching p0rn. :eek:

11. jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    They're all just getting in deeper, and deeper, and deeper... I'm really just ready for the bad stuff to start happening already!

Nikki is just flat-out crazy. The other wives, I get it. They have their positives and negatives. Nikki is all negative. I suspect she will be the cause of their downfall. Not that big of a stretch for that prediction. Can you divorce just one of your wives?? ;)

Also, I find it hard to believe that Nikki was home taking care of 4 small boys, plus being responsible for Barb's 3 older children, all while planning a party on the phone, then setting up for a party at home. Those must be some seriously well-behaved kids.

I agree the name of the show doesn't help it at all. I don't see it as a p0rn name, but "Big Love" is the name of a really great house music track that came out about 8-10 years ago. Every time I see the name "Big Love" on my TV I just cannot think of anything else except the cover of that record.

[​IMG]

12. dcehl

dcehl New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    I can't believe this wasn't the season finale - 2 left! A couple thots:

Rhonda may be a b*tch but as Randy would say - "dog you can blow!"

Barb is so ready to get out of this marriage - I think she's the first one to go

It's interesting to watch the demise of an enitre family - kinda like watching "Eyes wide shut" or "Closer".

I really hope moving the show to Sunday Night gives it the audience numbers and acclaim it deserves!

13. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Am I the only one who thought the whole last segment, with Rhonda singing that 'Happiest Girl' song and Alby having that shot administered to the old man while the Rhonda song was playing on the tv, was just uber creepy?

14. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    My interpretation of Barb is that she's been rationalizing to herself for years that the problem she has with the whole family relationship is that they have to be secretive about it, but she's coming to realize that what really bothers her about it is that she actually wants Bill all to herself. That was hammered home when Bill and Margene made things public with the gaming people - instead of feeling great (because they didn't have to be secretive), she felt awful (because she couldn't "live the fiction" that she was Bill's only wife).

15. thesharkmb

thesharkmb New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I don't think Nikki intentionally spilled the beans on Weber gaming. Bill never told the wives that he maneuvered the company from the UEB, so Nikki had no way of knowing. Alby just put 2 and 2 together and Nikki saw she made a mistake.

16. bluesman64

bluesman64 New Member

Jan 25, 2005
    +1 :up:

17. dcehl

dcehl New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    I really like how Margie has come into her own - she must not be feeling any ill effects from being pregnant......

I think Nikki and Rhonda have an awful lot in common.

18. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    That's true, but she still should keep her mouth shut about Bill's business to Albie or any other member of her family.

19. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    exactly. at the very least she would know that they then would be owed the 20%.

20. dcehl

dcehl New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Vancouver, BC