Big Love 7/23/2007 (S02E07) "Good Guys and Bad Guys"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Jul 23, 2007.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

Things are really moving now. It looks like the stage is set for the war to begin, and it's going to be fun to watch the alliances shift from where they've been up to now.

About the only thing I really dislike is how Margene's mother planted that sour idea in her head at the end about it being about power.

2. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Well, maybe it was just me, but I interpreted the sex scene as being proof that her mother was at least partially right in that scene.

3. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    um mom says it's bad to have a 4th just because she can't be the 4th?

why would they have searched cars leaving the compound (barb turned around to face big bad daddy)

that fence between yards was really suspect from the start. Im surprised mom didnt question it.

so how long until bill is outted as 'sleeping with the enemy' and meeting with him?

And how can he not think roman will know about the slot machine company? I cannot get that arrogance that he thinks things will be ok with it.

4. purple6816

purple6816 New Member

May 27, 2003
    NorthWest
    Great episode. I agree that he is playing with fire and it will get heated soon.

I like the 3 and adding the waitress would have been weird. What house would she have lived in.?

5. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO

Advertisements

This is only the third epidode I've seen but I'm really liking the show! I liked Nicki a lot more in this episode, the previous two I couldn't figure out why anyone would ever marry her!

6. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    The theme song is stuck in my head. MAKE IT STOP!

7. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Really?

I think Big Love has one of the worst opening credit sequences I've ever seen. I FF through it every time. It's boring visually and audibly. I'm not even sure I could identify the song they use if I heard it. It wasn't memorable.

8. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    At least it is a good song. Go buy Pet Sounds which this song is on and listen to the others.

9. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    God Only Knows what the name of the song is.

10. brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003
    HI:
    "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys....one of the best songs ever.

AND, Manhatten Transfer doe an awesome version of it.

Anyway, I think this season is great. The thing about Margene's mom telling her it's all about the power resonated with her and, somewhat, rightfully so.

I don't think Barb uses her power, but Nikki definitely manipulates things to her advantage wherever possible.

Seems like that seed might plant some distrust in Margene re her "sister wives".

Bill is into lots of things and he won't be able to juggle them all....which ball will come crashing down?

Great show this year.

11. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I don't think so... she basically stated that margine power being the youngest and most nubile bride which would be somewhat lost if bill got another wife. I believe that is true.

12. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    so was the mom just flirting because she was wasted?

BRUSH YOUR TEETH was perhaps the best line in this entire series

13. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    If the waitress became the fourth wife, Margene would still have been the youngest of the four. Maybe that's why Margene liked her (i.e., because there's a little bit of Margene's mother in Margene).

14. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    The mom was flirting because she's jealous of Margene's youthful vitality, and wanted to steal a bit of it away. Margene strongly suggested when talking with Nikki outside while it was happening that flirting with Margene's boyfriends is a long-time habit of her mom.

15. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    it's clear that the mother is a tramp and drinking just makes her more so...

the opening credit is a perfect 3 30-second skip...never heard it and have no desire to...

16. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    No brebeans, you are wrong. Doug Swallows say it is garbage and the worst ever. So mote it be ! :rolleyes:

I agree bill is playing with fire.