Big Little Lies - S02E05 "Kill Me" (OAD: 7/7/2019)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Jul 8, 2019.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I continue to enjoy this season.. Wow, everyone's private lives are seriously screwed up!

Celeste's custody battle with Mary Louise
    • Love the interaction between Celeste and her attorney... Her frustration with her attorney's silence is hilarious... Celeste's anger in that last informal meeting between the two of them could bit her in the butt later on...
    Ed and Madeline's Relationship
    • Love Ed's comment (and monologue) about her making the "sound choice".
    Bonnie and her parents
    • Wow... Interesting the abuse that Bonnie had to endure, and the engagement with her father about his inability to "protect" her.
    Renata
    • Still my favorite character and actress this season. I love the eye roll she had when her assistant interrupted her discussion with Celeste.
    • Great reaction from her on not being included in the powerful women article. Both her reaction when she first found out in front of Celeste, as well as her reaction when her husband told her it was a mixed blessing!
    • Also liked Renata's "tea date" with Mary Louise.
    Jane and her boyfriend
    • Anyone else uncomfortable with Jane's new boyfriend? Seems like he's just a kid himself. I perceive an age discrepancy, but it could be just that...a perception.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Based on the actor's actual ages, he's 6 years older than her. From their portrayal on the show, I would have guessed that she's a little older than him, but nothing that would be inappropriate.

I wonder how the revelation at the end of the episode will play out? If he's an undercover cop, he is really dedicated to getting into character (or he just happens to really be into fish and it's a lucky accident that Jane got a job at the aquarium).

tim1724 likes this.
  3. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    If he is an undercover cop then wouldn't he be doing a big no no by getting intimate or willing to get intimate!

4. kaszeta

kaszeta $nullstring TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Ed continues to be one of my favorite characters. “Well, I don’t have to be. I choose to be.”

Robin likes this.
  5. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    So is Ed about to enter a "Devil's Triangle" with Joseph and Tori? (Joseph being the man who Madeline cheated on him with, and Tori being Joseph's - um - very friendly wife with new boobs that she likes to show off to everyone, including Ed)...
    DON'T DO IT, ED!

6. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Sure, but when was the last time you saw a movie or tv show with an undercover cop who didn't get "in too deep"?

With there only being two episodes left, I could see it turn out as a misunderstanding and he was at the police station for some completely innocent and unrelated reason, but Bonnie freaks out on him like she did when she saw the detective at the hospital.

zalusky likes this.
  7. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Oh wow... Are there only two episodes left? Wow, that was a quick season!