Big Brother

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Taco Corp, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Taco Corp

Taco Corp Member

Jun 5, 2017

Advertisements

Looked for a previously-started, catch-all Big Brother thread and didn't find one (all were aimed at specific episodes/seasons)... so here it is now.

The new season of BB starts on June 27th. It's showing up in the guide, but not on the To-Do List. It may be due to the guide just picking it up in the past 24 hrs, but it'll be something to keep an eye on, since CBS and/or Rivo loves to switch up the show titles and IDs all the time, in order to foul-up everybody's OnePasses.

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    the series id does not match the 1p i currently have saved for bb, so i created a second 1p from this guide entry (just in case) - when this has happened in the past, it's generally worked out within a few days of the show airing.

3. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I did the same, created a new 1P to make sure I don't miss it. I don't understand why they do that.

Thanks for the head's up.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  4. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    yes, thanks!

the original 1p has the correct poster art, the new 1p is generic (as of today).

5. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007

Advertisements

Big Brother, Amazing Race, and Survivor, always have Wishlist backup in addition to regular One Pass. You get some false positives, but just press clear to quickly delete.

mattack likes this.
  6. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    sorry, no, i expect my 1p's to function correctly, i already have enough wishlists to babysit, not to mention existing tdl errors, tivo 1p's should function as advertised.

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You're right, they SHOULD.

But since they DON'T (even before Rovi takeover)... wishlists are a useful backup..

Though IMHO they're slightly less needed nowadays since OPs can go across all channels.. but are still useful in some situations (e.g. Masterpiece Theater uses a whole bunch of different names, including so-and-show On Masterpiece).

8. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    it looks like they've decided to ditch the old series id, and have attached the bb20 poster art to the new series id (for now).

9. Taco Corp

Taco Corp Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Well crap. I was hoping they'd straighten this show ID situation out, but with the premiere episode just a couple days away, it looks like I'll have to set YET ANOTHER duplicate OnePass for a new season. What good is a "ONEPASS" if you have to babysit (re-set/add-a-backup-to) the damn thing with each latest edition? Seems to happen quite a bit with CBS too.

Figure it out, Rivo/CBS.

10. Toni

Toni Active Member

Nov 22, 2002
    I have to do this every season with BB, Survivor, and Amazing Race.

11. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    A Wish List is best for shows like Big Brother, Survivor and The Amazing Race.

mattack likes this.
  12. Taco Corp

Taco Corp Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Looks like Big Brother is going to start at least 10 minutes late tonight (maybe 15min). So throw some padding on there if you haven't built that into your OnePasses already.

13. Taco Corp

Taco Corp Member

Jun 5, 2017
    New season of Big Brother starts Tuesday, June 25th.

None of my previous three OnePasses have picked it up yet (it's in the Guide). We'll see what happens, but more than likely, a new OnePass will need to be set yet again.

14. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    My old OnePass from last year did not pick it up either. I had to create a new OnePass.

15. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    Same here.

16. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    same here as well, i will always wonder why rivo can seem to get other show's 1p to record year after year with the same 1p, but we need to create new 1p for bb, survivor, and amazing race. :confused:

17. Taco Corp

Taco Corp Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I complained via "Report a Lineup Issue" about this most recent season of The Amazing Race requiring a new 1P, and a few days ago about this new season of Big Brother. It would probably take way more people to make them take notice (and fix it), but I'm going to write each time this doesn't get fixed. It shouldn't be that hard, since it's worked correctly before.

18. mrsean

mrsean Active Member

May 15, 2006
    New Jersey
    I just had to make a new SP too. Ironically, I did not have to it for After Dark and I don't remember having to do a new one for it last summer either.

19. Taco Corp

Taco Corp Member

Jun 5, 2017
    The BB22:All Stars finale will be 2 hours on Oct 28th at 9pmET.

20. Taco Corp

Taco Corp Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Moving from Sun nights to Mon (starting today).

Couldn't be happier about this schedule change. Now I won't have to constantly babysit this to make sure the NFL game hasn't gone long and messed everything up.

MauriAnne and Toni like this.