Big Brother - Wednesday - OAD 09/18/2019

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TriBruin, Sep 19, 2019.

1. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Ok, and the transformation of Cliff from lovable old guy to clueless numbskull is complete. OMG, he really believes that Michie will take him to the F3 over Holly!?! Dude, get a clue.

My favorite scene: Cliff is trying to explain to Michie that, yes they had a F2 pact, but he (Cliff) would not honor (only F3), but he still expects Michie to honor the F2 agreement. That was painful to watch. And then, he is trying to make a F3 with Holly as well? Crazy.

Nicole realizes she made a mistake and that Cliff will likely cost her the game. If she had convinced Cliff to vote out Holly instead of Tommy, she would have had a better shot at F2. Now it is two against one in the final HOH competitions. I think she is trying to show a brave face on camera and in the DR and doesn't want to completely blast Cliff for stupidity, but she obviously see that Cliff is being played.

It make me sick to see Michie using the "They broke their word first" argument as the reason to vote out Cliff. Actually they didn't. They brought you and Holly to the F4, just as they promised. They have thought about breaking the agreement, but ultimately they didn't. Instead of rationalization your decision, own it. This is BB, your in the F3, and you want to put yourself in the best position to win. Cliff is, likely, your biggest threat in the game, so getting rid of him is smart game move. This is chess, not checkers.

verdugan likes this.
  2. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Can you imagine a Holly/Nicole final two? Could the jury vote NO for both :)
    It would be like dumb/dumber.

3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I didn't think Cliff could make an even dumber move than trusting Michie to take him to the final two, but he managed to out-dumb himself last night. Why in the Wide World of Sports would you EVER EVER go to Michie and tell him that while Michie promised to take him to the F2 that he had a deal with Nicole to take her to the F2 and that he wouldn't be taking Michie? You just gave hm the excuse he needed to renege on his deal with him (not that he wasn't anyway), but now he can say, that he thought the deal was reciprocal and once it wasn't the deal was off. Compound that with him going to Holly and telling her she should play in the Veto after she had promised to throw it? Geez. I thought Cliff might have been smarter than most of the older players but I was mistaken. Nicole will go back and watch and realize her deal with Cliff only got her to the F4 but if she went back on it, she could have gone much further.

The final veto was a game MADE for Michie. As soon as they showed the game, i said to my wife, Michie wins that. And of course, he did. The only hope for me as a fan, is that Michie made enough enemies that he loses, but the problem is, I don't like Holly much either. Maybe Nicole sneaks in to the F2 by winning the last HoH. Who knows?

verdugan likes this.
  4. Dnamertz

Dnamertz Active Member

Jan 30, 2005
    If it means no Michie, I’m all for it. Holly’s spot in the final 2 is garunteed if Cliff gets voted out.

Nicole’s chance is the last leg of the final HoH comp which is always a guessing game. She must win one of the first 2 rounds though.

5. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    That could salvage the season for me. If Holly wins the final 3 comps then realizes she should double-cross Michie and dump him. Her argument could be she manipulated the big dumb comp beast to carry her to the final three before taking control.

I've been Team Nicole for America's Favorite since day one, so at least she should get that money.

6. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Clearly, Big Brother is soooooooo much a marathon.

Jackson started out in the pack for the first 10 miles, then stepped it up a pace, where he's practically sprinting at the end.

Cliff ran a great 20 miles, but just couldn't do the last few. Sadness.

Holly is the fan on the side, popping up every few miles to hold out some water for Jackson, which he may or may not grab.

Nicole is the slow and steady, with some spurts here and there. I'm rooting for a miraculous spurt of reservoir fuel to have her pull out a miracle win here! If not, Michie certainly earned it.

verdugan likes this.
  7. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I really hope that Nicole get America's favorite. I know that Cliff has been basically auditioning for it with his "loyalty" to Michie and they way he panders to the live feed. I was fine, up to a couple of weeks ago, with it. But his stupidity the last two weeks has really soured me on him.

verdugan, Steveknj, stellie93 and 2 others like this.
  8. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Cliff is gone tonight. His family has to be screaming at the tv. He'll regret his moves he's made in the last ~2 weeks. Terrible.

Hopefully Nicole can pull it off. I can't stand Mickey and Holly doesn't deserve to win. She's done almost nothing. But it'll be OK for her to get second place to pay for therapy after getting involved with Mickey when they are out of the house.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  9. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I don't think I've ever seen someone fail so spectacularly at the strategic aspect of the game as Cliff did last night. His attempt to snake his way into the final three by making a deal with both Michie and Holly was utterly laughable.

This is Michie's game to lose. I don't see either of the girls beating him at the end. The only way he doesn't win the game at this point is if Nicole somehow manages to win the final HoH.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  10. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I'm going to be voting hard for Nicole for America's Favorite - her game was totally blown up by Cliff.

And Holly is just not savvy enough to ditch Michie. She's going to need some therapy when she gets out. I noticed Michie said they would be good friends out of the house - so he is apparently planning to dump her once they get out.

11. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    They always say you can't know the pressure of living in the house that long, and Michie and Cliff have both shown us that. They're both hanging on by a thread. Nichole, on the other hand, who seemed so crazy in the beginning, seems to be stronger each day. (but I still don't like her).

12. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    this ep was cringe-worthy embarrassing for cliff, and i can't stand hg's that constantly harp on the woulda-shoulda-coulda after throwing a comp (talkin' to you, holly!).

at least we'll get to see some jury house action tonight...

Steveknj likes this.
  13. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

14. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    yeah, i picked up on that too, as well as his response to her saying "i love you" - he answered with something like "i would never betray you in this game" - red lights and sirens should have been going off in holly's brain...

15. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    Holly also kept saying that it should have been her HoH.... she has no idea if she actually would have won. It is not certain that she could have out lasted Nicole... after all, Nicole puts up with toddlers all day.

tivotvaddict and NorthAlabama like this.
  16. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    Dude rancher picked the wrong dude to fall for.

17. forecheck

forecheck Active Member

Aug 5, 2000
    Roseville, CA

That is pretty much the only reason to watch. We already know who is going to be voted out and they follow the format of previous seasons for the final HOH, all we will see tonight is the start of part 1.

18. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    that, and possibly the start of part 1 of the final hoh comp, usually an endurance comp between the final 3. ;)

19. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Stupid idiot!! Cliff’s family had to have been screaming louder than I was. Egads! Who would ever believe a showmance would split for you. Who ever!?! Stupid idiot!

Felt bad for Nicole. She realizes that she never should have believed Cliff about sending Tommy home. Now she is going to F3 with a showmance. Ugh!!

NorthAlabama likes this.
  20. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I don’t routinely talk to inanimate objects, but I have to admit to yelling and laughing at my television during this episode. Man, what drugs is Cliff taking for him to be so convinced that he has a final three with everyone and that Michie would ever choose him over Hols???

Ugh... I had so much second hand embarrassment for Cliff...