Big Brother - Thursday - OAD 09/19/2019

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Sep 20, 2019.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Okay, now that we got the obvious eviction done, time to move on...

Man, I have to give it to the old man... He still had a play left in him, and it drove Michie bonkers!!!

LlamaLarry likes this.
  2. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Agreed! I was surprised when he made that plea, and it was a good one. Wasn't going to work. Had Michie thinking, though.

Dangit! What kind of an idiot ever believed that Michie would take him as a final 2 instead of his showmance? He blew up poor Nicole's game, while constantly telling everyone he was doing what was best for HIM. Well, aren't they all at this point? Sheesh!
    AND, especially after coming clean that Cliff had no intention of taking Michie. Just dumb.

jdedit2001 and LlamaLarry like this.
  3. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I do hope Cliff follows through and lets the houseguests know how it all went down. I'm pretty sure Michie has Nick's vote though. But it sounds like if Nicole is in the final 2 she has a chance.

And I've already voted 20 times for Nicole for AFH. Her F you to Michie was great!

jay_man2 likes this.
  4. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    If I could choose anybody to win America's Favorite, it would be Sam. Which is odd because my initial impressions of him were negative. But no way he wins because he's been out so long.

At this point, I'd rather see Nicole win it.

jcondon and skypros like this.
  5. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I hope he follows through as well, but I bet he won't. I could see Cliff voting for Holly over Michie, but I can't see him actively campaigning against Michie in the jury house. He just doesn't have it in him.
    I agree. I didn't think she had a chance against anyone a couple weeks ago, but I think she might actually beat Holly now. Unfortunately, there isn't a scenario where she would be up against Michie.

6. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I lost a ton of respect for Nick this episode. Didn't he tell Bella that he loved her? I bet she was just as blindsided by Nick and Kat hooking up in the jury house as we were. What a scumbag!

skypros, stellie93 and samsauce29 like this.
  7. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    The RHAPUP podcast posited an interesting scenario that could have worked. If Cliff and Nicole had gone together to Michie and say, look, if you don't evict Holly, we are going to BOTH vote against you. Add that to the jury votes that are also most likely to vote against you and you won't win:

Jess - You got her out and she always wants to vote for a woman, so will vote for Holly
    Kat - knows Holly and will obviously vote for her
    Christie - Classically thinks you're a douc*e
    Tommy will vote with Christie and besides, you're the one that nominated him

That's 6 votes for Holly and 3 for you: Jack, Nick, Sis. There's on way you can win unless you evict Holly.

Had they been super forceful and early enough with that plan, it had a chance to work. As we know, Michie cares more about wininng this game than his relationship with Holly.

SoBelle0 likes this.
  8. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Yeah, and the way he cried when Bella was evicted was cringe-worthy. Don't have much respect for Kat either actually.

9. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Not that Nick knows yet, but Bella already dumped him on Twitter due to his constant flirting, touching, laying on, etc. with Sis & Tommy.

gossamer88 likes this.
  10. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I used to complain that Survivor puts too much in their season finale. This show drives home the point that when only a few people are left, it just isn't as interesting. :)

11. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I am SO TIRED of hearing Jackson and Holly CONSTANTLY attributing their decisions to Cliff and Nicole going back on their deal. Even when Holly was asked to plead her case to stay, she spent the whole time lecturing Cliff and Nicole about how they had betrayed them. This false justification is turning me more against them every time they say it. Jackson is upset that Cliff is trying to guilt him, and that's all he's been doing to them for the last week. I just hope Jack*** doesn't make the final 2, and that Nicole wins it all.

SoBelle0 likes this.
  12. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I can't stand Michie, but he has played BY FAR the best game of anyone this year. He may be annoying and hypocritical, but he's also built a much more solid resume than anyone else. And make no mistake about it, that whole lie that he concocted to save Holly was one of the best moves we've seen in a while. The guy noticed the three of them talking on the feed from the HoH room, and he snuck downstairs and eavesdropped on their conversation. He then used that information to his advantage and ultimately got Tommy evicted. That was simply top notch game play no matter how you slice it. If Michie loses, it will be because of a bitter jury, plain and simple.

Nicole may be a nicer person, but she is not deserving of the win. She basically just coasted through the first 3/4 of the season. If her strategy was to lay low and bide her time, that would have been one thing, but at no point did she indicate that was the case. She was actually TRYING to win comps but couldn't. The only reason she made it this far is because her game was so mediocre that nobody ever saw her as a threat.

realityboy likes this.
  13. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I was thinking that if it comes down to Holly and Nicole in the final leg of the HoH, it might be better for Holly to throw it instead of winning it. If she wins it, she will be forced to take Michie, and she will probably lose to him. If she loses it, Nicole will for sure take her to the end, and she has a much better chance of winning the game.

14. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    That's an argument, but this is, by design, a jury game and they decide what is "best." It is specifically NOT objective. What the jury thinks of you is part of the game, part of the strategy, part of what you have to play. If this was just a comp game, there would be no voting. Lose a comp, go home, rinse, repeat. I have absolutely no problem with the jury saying they didn't like how he played and considering that in their decision.

Steveknj and tivotvaddict like this.
  15. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Absolutely. At the end of the day, it's entirely up to the jury, and whoever they vote for is the winner. End of story. I'm simply stating that from my perspective, Michie deserves to win.

16. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I didn’t appreciate Michie’s self serving farewell message to Cliff.

For that reason alone I would redirect my vote to whoever is sitting next to him.

He definitely played a strong game...no doubt about it... But the winner is not always the strongest player... Just like Survivor, you need to play a strong game AND evict your houseguests and manage your social game to secure their votes...

Michie...if you don't want a bitter jury... Don't make them bitter... Simple as that... There was no reason to preach to Cliff in your farewell speech...take the high road and don't make him bitter, and maybe he won't be bitter...

17. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    ...and don't be such a frickin' hypocrite.

Steveknj, jdedit2001 and SoBelle0 like this.
  18. Dnamertz

Dnamertz Active Member

Jan 30, 2005
    It was a nice attempt, but for it to have had a chance to work I think Cliff needed to sink to Michie's level and tell him he was going to tell specific lies to the jury. Tell Michie he would make up lies (like he Michie did about Tommy) and tell the jury that Michie said horrible things to Nicole and tried to paint her as a liar the way he did Tommy. Don't just tell him it will cost him your vote and Nicole's vote, but tell him he will pollute the rest of the jury. That's what it would have taken, but Cliff is not going to do that...he is too good of a person.

Michie must feel really guilty for taking $500k from Tommy's family.

19. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Where does one watch these?

20. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I think YouTube. But they were also posted in the live feeds thread, which is where I saw it.