Big Brother - Sunday OAD 09/15/19

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TriBruin, Sep 16, 2019.

1. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Well that episode was intense. Here is what I got out of it:

Cliffs an idiot
    Michie is an even bigger bully than we already knew
    Holly is playing for Michie
    Nicole is just too sweet to play this game, she may not deserve to win, although I would love to see her win, she is the only likable player now. (Hope she gets America's Choice).

While, I (grudgingly) give Michie credit for saving Holly, I am tired of his holier-than-thou act. He is is a jerk, pure and simple. He keeps telling Cliff, he is F2, when he has no intention to honor it. Yet, "they broke the agreement" is his mantra for berating Cliff and Nicole in to keeping Holly. He is one of the type of player that will likely suffer repercussions outside the game. Would I want a person like him working for my company? Hell no!

Cliff can not be that stupid, can he? Does he really believe that Michie would bring him to the F2 over Holly (or even Nicole)? That is neither a good game move or a good personal move for Michie. He will take Holly or Nicole, if Holly is evicted.

If I were Holly, I would be questioning why Michie was so adamant that she throw HOH. Doing the math, there is now NO reasonable scenario that Michie doesn't make F3. Michie stays, obviously, if he wins Veto. He also stays if Holly wins (unless she is gets smart and realizes she will never beat Michie, but might beat Nicole.) If Nicole or Cliff win Veto, then Cliff is the single vote. He has made it clear to Nicole that he will keep Michie. So, Holly only has a 50/50 shot to stay.

Finally, poor Nicole. She just doesn't have what it takes to play this game. I give her credit for listening calmly while Michie was ranting against Tommy. But she should have stood up to Cliff (and I wanted her to smack him in the face and call him out for being the idiot he is.) I hope that she wins America's Favorite HG over Cliff. He doesn't deserve it anymore.

2. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I thought Cliff was playing a pretty decent game until this episode. Why on Earth would he believe that Michie intends to honor that final two deal? Of course Michie is going to tell him whatever he wants to hear at this point. He has no other choice.
    I don't care for Michie at all, but you can't fault him for using any means necessary to get him and Holly further in the game. He's so close to the $500k at this point he can taste it. And as far as his rationale that "they broke the agreement first", he's right. They did. Michie was 100% committed to their final four deal, so once they decided to go behind his back and plot with Tommy, his new attitude and tactics are completely understandable.

I said it in the last thread, and I'll say it again. Cliff and Nicole messed up big time when they let Michie know that they were thinking about going back on the deal. if they had just kept their big mouths shut, they wouldn't be in this mess right now.

3. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    The lies and cries come too easy for Jackson. I think he's a sociopath.

And Holly, I can't believe she threw the HOH. She gave up a maybe 33% chance of winning to not knowing if she's going home Thursday. It's down to playing for yourself and deciding who you would want to take to the final 2. Not trying to figure out who will take you.

jeetkunedo and samsauce29 like this.
  4. Cabinwood

Cabinwood Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 11, 2000
    North Georgia
    Ugh... I really detest Mitchie, I just hate lying and deceitful people. I know it's part of the game, just can't stomach it. Nicole and Cliff really messed up. Cliff really is stupid if he thinks Mitchie will keep to his bargain for final two. At this point I'm rooting for Nicole, I think she's the only one there with any ethics whatsoever.

I've only been watching BB for a few seasons now. Has anyone ever conspired to go to the end and split the money? Is that against the rules?

Steveknj likes this.
  5. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    He definitely exhibits many of the classic traits of a sociopath. Most people, for example, would not have been able to convincingly pull off that lie about Tommy. You have to be able to turn off the part of your brain that feels guilt and remorse. Interestingly, he did seem bothered by it later on, so there is a soul in there somewhere. A pure sociopath wouldn't have even given it a second thought.

6. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    That could very well be a moment that Holly lives to regret for the rest of her life. It was unbelievably stupid to throw that HoH, but it just goes to show how strong the emotional connections can be after living in the BB house with someone for three months. She let her emotions towards Michie cloud her judgement.

7. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007

I dunno I still think his cries were game play. I always discount anything said in the DR. That has to be the most scripted part of any reality show out there.
    And him crying with Holly about how he "loves' Tommy? He knows Holly won't be final 3 (unless he wins the veto), just need to soften her up a bit more for the vote.

8. TriBruin

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Absolutely against the rules. If two HGs were caught make that kind of arrangement, they would be immediately removed from the House.

Cabinwood likes this.
  9. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    When he screwed up his HOH a long time ago by letting Jack/Michie off the hook it was an indication but I gave him one pass because everyone else seemed to. A couple of weeks ago when he didn't facilitate back-dooring Michie at the double eviction confirmed it for me. He's made it worse since then by being nothing but an obstacle to Nicole's common sense game logic.

10. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    That's the best way to put it. He's been a complete obstacle to Nicole's common sense. I wish she had not listened to him...

I hate Michie, to be sure, but he's played this game hard pretty much the whole time. Cliff is just an idiot.
    Kept yelling at the TV, 'do you honestly believe he'll take you over Holly? Idiot!' and then for him to go to Nicole and basically tell her that he and Michie have a final. What the heck? Oh, Nicole!

Poor Nicole. She hit her stride here at the end, and had she not listened to Cliff she might be poised to win it all. Now, it is doubtful.

11. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Here is my summary/overview of my key learning from this episode...

Both Cliff and Michie are using/abusing their partners for their own game...

Cliff convinced Nicole to team up with him to eliminate Tommy because he knew Tommy had a soft place in his heart for Nicole, and he had a better (but not a guaranteed) chance with Tommy out of the game, than with him in the game. And now that he's out, Cliff is making a final two with Michie (which, of course, Michie will not honor)...but just the act of doing so, and to try to sell it to Nicole as him taking care of her by forming this "final 3" is ridiculous. I am glad Nicole sees right through it.

Michie convinced Holly to honor her agreement to throw the HoH, not out of honor, but because he didn't want her to be safe, and leave him exposed. As they were orchestrating Holly to stay, Michie clearly said (in his diary room sessions) that all agreements were not going to be honored because it was "war". But as soon as he realized what a Holly HoH would mean for him, he pressured her to drop.

Hey... As we've always recognized, this is a game... So good for them to navigate and use whoever they can to get to the end and win the half mill... :)

But from a non-game, personal perspective, Cliff and Michie are both feeling/smelling a little slimy at the moment... ;)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    LlamaLarry and NorthAlabama like this.
  12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Michie is playing the game smart, but he's a despicable human being. Nicole sees through him but, she feels compelled to honor what Cliff wants to do. Cliff is an idiot for thinking that Michie has his back. If he thought about it logically, he'd realize that he would be the only person with a chance to beat Michie, and only because he's made no enemies and is much more likable. He's realize that Michie is playing hard and will say anything to stay. And Holly is just a lump. She's won a few comps but her game is whatever Michie tells her to do. She loses to everyone. Michie realizes that the only person he has to really dupe after Holly dropped was Cliff and he did just that. Based on the jury, and the fact that most of them are fans of the game, I fully expect Michie to win this easily, unless Cliff is brought to his senses by Nicole. Otherwise, if Cliff or Nicole wn the veto, Holly goes home which is really dumb.

13. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    Cliff is also an idiot for not thinking he could beat Tommy in final three competitions. Now he won't even be in the final three without a fluke veto win vs. a comp dominator.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Steveknj likes this.
  14. skypros

skypros Ex satellite dealer

May 18, 2015
    Bend, Oregon
    Before Sundays episode.... Here is who I wanted to win
    1) Cliff
    2) Nichole
    3) Holly
    4) Mitchie

As of now
    1) Mitchie.... I don't like the guy....... But he has played the best game this season!!
    2) Nichole... She still deserves to win, and the jury may side with her
    3) Cliff.... He also deserves to win, But between Nichole and Cliff, I think the Jury will pick Nichole
    4) Holly... Well, she did play a good game for the first 45 days, Now she is just a puppet

LlamaLarry likes this.
  15. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I'm still puzzled that Nicole didn't nominate Michie and Holly when she won on double-eviction night!

Steveknj likes this.
  16. TriBruin

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Right now, there are so many ways that Michie gets to F2 and likely wins (I just threw up a little bit saying that.)

If Michie makes F3, then both Holly & Cliff would take him over everyone else. Even though that would be stupid for both. Both would be better taking Nicole. Cliff would also be better to take Holly
    Nicole is only one that would evict Michie in F3.

17. TriBruin

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    They had an alliance at that point and knew there would still be other targets (Tommy) in the house that Michie/Holly would go for.

18. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Still. They were a couple out in the open. Boggles the mind!

19. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    (Holly and Michie together) were much less threatening than (Christie and Tommy together), even if Michie by himself is stronger than Christie or Tommy

NorthAlabama likes this.
  20. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    But Cliff won Veto and they had the votes to backdoor Michie if Cliff had been on board.