Big Brother Finale - 9/16

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by nyny523, Sep 16, 2008.

1. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk

Advertisements

Yay Dan!!! :up: :)

2. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    DAN FTW!!!!

Surprised that it was 7-0 in favor of Dan, tho.

Angie got totally boned and didn't get to make any comments.

CBS, why don't you give BB the same treatment as Survivor and give us an hour wrap up show? They revealed the winner with 5 minutes left, then we get 2 minutes of commercials, they come back and reveal the $25 K, and that's it.

And why oh why couldn't they go another hour? Oh right, a REPEAT of Without A Trace at 10 pm. :thumbsdown:

3. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    my cable went out tonight, who got the jury vote?

4. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Unanimous! Has that happen before?

Gotta love how the producers managed to embarrass Jerry. And kudos to Brian for calling out the personal attacks on Keesha.

5. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York

Advertisements

if you mean america's jury vote: Keesha got the $25K

if you mean between dan and memphis - it was 7 to 0 for Dan

6. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    no I saw it was dan, I ment the americas jury vote thanks....

7. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I had Dan winning 5-2. I am really surprised that April voted or Dan.

My thoughts from the whole show:

I picked Dan & Memphis from early on. I liked their game play. Great job on Brian letting everyone know they never got personal.

I absolutely despise April. She is the most hateful player I have seen in a long time. Again, great job on Brian calling her out. Ollie, run for your life. She's not right for you!

I disliked Renny early on but she grew on me.

I disliked Libra during the game, but not in the jury house.

I liked Jerry early on and grew to dislike him as time went on. Good job Big Brother for showing his true colors tonight. He disliked Dan for using his religion, but he used the military to show his honor and then went against it. He's a hypocrite.

I am glad that Keesha got America's vote for $25k. That's who I picked. I liked her throughout the show for the most part.

Just like Dan got caught up in the moment when he "celebrated" too much when winning an HOH (which Jerry pointed out), Ollie got caught up in the moment with his rampage. I don't think either incident was indicative to who they were as people.

I'd like to go out for some beers with Dan, Memphis, Keesha, Renny, and Ollie. They seem like a fun bunch.

8. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Did anyone else catch how short Jessie was? In the final scene they showed down the row, and he was next to Brian and Steven. At first I thought they both must be 6'5" but as you went down the line you see they were not excessively tall. It explains his bodybuilding desires in 2008. A bit of a Napoleon complex.

Also what was up with April? She defended Memphis at every turn at the questions and in the jury house and then voted for Dan? She looks ridiculous waffling like that.

Good to see the three people who came into the most money all were players I enjoyed this season. That is not very common it seems.

9. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    Well said. Brian's speech was fantastic and really put the contestants in there place. April was one of a kind. There are "evil" reality contestants, and then there is April. She is just a straight witch. I really wish they had shown April and Michelle the clip of them talking smack about Keesha. I get tired of Michelle's "what is he talking about?" looks.

Dan was a very deserving champ.

10. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Active Member

Dec 26, 2000
    No. Though Will won 7-2 and Lisa won 9-1 before they limited the jury to 7.

11. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I had Dan winning 4-3... I thought Memphis had Jerry, April and Olie (I felt that whatever April was voting, Olie would follow)...

I was pulling for Dan almost the entire season (from week 2 or 3)... He had a huge target on his back with his alliance with Brian, and he managed to make it all the way... Nice!

12. 503Blunts

503Blunts New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Dan wins, good for him.

*******!

13. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    WTG Dan.....
    keesha wearing bluejeans was a bummer. I voted for her to win the $25K so she shoulda at least wore a nice short dress and bounced for us a little bit.

14. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    it is an edited for tv reality show. she could have said nice things about Dan and we would never know it. the producers tonight with the clips they showed really tried to make it look like a very close 4/3 vote would be happening.

CBS really should add another hour for the finale.

I know the time was very short but not one mention of the hurricanes. hanna going close to NO could have effected Rennys family. And with Jerry and Libra living just north of houston and having Ike just rip through there, wonder if they have power to go home to?

15. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    A dominating performance by Dan. 7-0. I'm practically giddy that my first week fave won the thing. It was a very good season, I thought.

I love Renny, but she is literally crazy at times. Literally. Her brain has a couple of loose wires. That was an embarrassing entrance and speech. Reminded me of Nora Desmond in Sunset Boulevard. I know she was told she was America's favorite when she came out of the house and was fully expecting to get the AC prize, but when Memphis evicted Keesha it created a crazy mass of sympathy for her among die-hard fans. Add to that the opportunity to stick it to April by voting for her nemesis, and Keesha got the win. I hope she doesn't go off the deep end. (I mean the really deep end, past the somewhat smaller deep end she went over some time ago.)

16. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    I'm watching some of the after-party (or whatever it is) interviews on CBS. com. I wondered what the "act of kindness" was that Jerry said he was rewarding one the two finalists for with his vote. He said that every night before bed Dan would come into the room where Jerry was sleeping and say "goodnight, Jerry". Every night during their whole stay in the house. Even when they were fighting (or Jerry was fighting).

He also said he would have won the AC prize if the huricaine hadn't knocked out the phone lines in Houston where he is from. Maybe. Maybe not. I don't really care. As long as he didn't win.

17. berfy

berfy New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Mobile
    This is the first Big Brother where the three contestants who actually deserved any money actually got some!

Way to Go!

18. visionary

visionary HAVE BRAIN WILL USE!

May 31, 2006
    Norfolk Va.
    Are April/Ollie still a couple? Odd no mention of that in the jury house or show last night to me.

19. rrrobinsonjr

rrrobinsonjr Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern, VA
    I'm so happy these jury members just choked down the bitter pill and came to their senses. And I'm happy Keesha won the America's Choice $$.

I will say this for Memphis, he is half of the best TEAM to ever play big brother. He's a much more heartless and refined version of Boogie.

These two did what Chilltown failed to do TWICE....go to the end TOGETHER.

20. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA