Big Brother - America's Player Eric **Spoilers Possible **

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TriBruin, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Aug 8, 2007 #1 of 21
    TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I have been reading (on other boards) a difference of opinon on what Eric's responsibility SHOULD be toward's America's votes.

Some people feel that he should do everything that America tells him todo because (1) America better understands what goes on in the house, because we see and hear what he can't and (2) He agreed to be AP so live with it.

Others feel he should still have some opporunity to decline certain tasks that he feels would hurt his long term stategy. For example, asking to work to vote out Kail last week hurt him more than it help. It is definately arguable that Kail should have been voted out before Nick, but Eric had already started down the path of getting Nick out when America voted for Kail. At that point, any dramatic change in strategy on his part would have been suspicious. He should have had the option to decline it for his long term health.

I feel he should be able to have some freedom with his options that he feels puts himself in jeapordy. How do you feel?

2. Aug 8, 2007 #2 of 21
    LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    I thought his reward for being America's player was to complete a predetermined number (that he has been told) of tasks. Wouldn't that mean he can pick and choose which to comply with to determine which he will have a high chance of success and/or don't hose up his game strategy?

3. Aug 8, 2007 #3 of 21
    ping

ping New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    It looked to me as if he wasn't given any choice at all on voting, but on all the others I'd think he could decline (or at least go through the motions).

4. Aug 8, 2007 #4 of 21
    unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    He has to complete five tasks in order to be rewarded with 10k.

It doesn't really bother me as to whether he should have a choice or not...what bothers me is he needs to learn to play it better. He can't be campaigning to get one person out until he learns who AMERICA wants him to campaign to get out. That way it stops making him look like a hypocrit.

5. Aug 8, 2007 #5 of 21
    pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
  6. Aug 8, 2007 #6 of 21
    TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I think he has to do what America says, if he succeeds is another story. Voting for which player America tells him to, is a no brainer, he has to do it.

:p Otherwise he would be called Sometimes Americas Player ( SAP )

7. Aug 8, 2007 #7 of 21
    marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I always felt he needed to do his best to do what America wanted, not just ignore them, do the opposite of what they wanted, or just make a joke of it.

He has been a very poor first America's Player. If they ever do it again, I suspect the rules will be much different.

8. Aug 8, 2007 #8 of 21
    unicorngoddess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Next season, America's Player should be a secret to America as well. We just vote but we don't know which player in the house is actually doing what we want. Or maybe it alternates players. Like the HG don't know why but one each week is pulled in and offered x amount of dollars to do a certain task.

9. Aug 8, 2007 #9 of 21
    mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I think a lot of the problem is editing and people who do not read or keep up with the live feeds.

Everyone who watches feeds knew the plan was swapped to Mike and Nick and that was who we were voting for. Now America is seeing everything a couple days in the past and everything in the BB house changes day to day.

10. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas

Actually I think next year if they took elements of The Mole it would be better. The AP would get insider info and see tapes of secret conversation. Of course the Mole would not be eligible for the $500k they would just get money based on tasks.

11. unicorngoddess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    That was actually what I was hoping this year would be like, but once it started it kinda became clear that wasn't the case. Oh well. I'd rather see The Mole back then to have the concept applied to BB :)

12. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    I think when his task was to get so-and-so evicted, if that person WASN'T going to be evicted, they shouldn't have saddled him with that traitorous vote. The task was not completed, but he got screwed.

13. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I was hoping that "America" would be voting for him to do the opposite of what makes sense - instead we've been getting "America" telling him to vote out Kail or Jen when they were the biggest targets or make an alliance with Jessica to go to the end - when that's the easiest thing for him to do - instead of like say - making that deal with ED - now, that would be good TV.

14. TivoFan

TivoFan New Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Northampton, MA
    Here is how they should have done it. He should be given two weekly goals to accomplish and then is offered the choice of voting with America.

If he votes against America, he gets no money for the week. If he votes with America, he gets $1,000 and $1,000 for each of the other two tasks he completes.

He shouldn't be told who America's choice to evict is until he enters the diary room to vote.

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'd rather them just ditch the whole voting and nominating who America wants things and just focus on silly stuff like the "I'd do that for a dollar" or other weird things. These houseguest flip flop hourly on who they want to get out so by the time America votes things have changed 8 times.

16. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Eric's going to be gone soon, and in no time the whole America's Player thing will be a distant bad memory. Just like the "enemies" thing already is.

I'm getting sick of these "twists" every season. They're all sooo lame.

17. pantherman007

pantherman007 Blah blah blah

Jan 3, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I was thinking last night that I must have missed an episode with respect to one of Eric's assignments. I remember CBS asking America to vote on who Eric should start a showmance with, and I remember Eric saying bring it on - male or female. But I don't remember anything ever materializing there. Did I miss an ep and not see something here? Did Eric bail when he was told who his target was? Or maybe the whole thing wasn't deemed airworthy?

18. purple6816

purple6816 New Member

May 27, 2003
    NorthWest
    Has there been any info from the producers on the Plane and banner that caused them all to suspect Eric of being dishonest.? Do we know who paid for it.?

19. Knives of Ice

Knives of Ice New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    eric really did get screwed by that plane. well, he's gonna be gone tomorrow for sure it looks like so BB's twist is foiled again this season.

20. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    boy...I sure don't remember that happening. Maybe I missed a show...