Big Brother: All-Stars to premiere Aug. 5 with COVID-19 protocols

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Mike Lang, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999

Advertisements

'Big Brother: All-Stars' to premiere Aug. 5 with COVID-19 protocols

mrsean, stellie93 and Donbadabon like this.
  2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Floaters get your life vests!

3. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Bad timing (or good depending on your opinion of her) for Rachel. She’s pregnant.

4. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Yay! Wouldn't be Summer without Big Bro. :cool:

mrsean likes this.
  5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

Advertisements

Maybe I'll actually watch, now that I know I can watch at 1.7 or 1.9x directly on the Tivo... I think I have at least one season offloaded (in SD), and may have some still on my Tivo (or may have lost it when trying to pytivo a show back to my TiVo ended up nuking a lot of stuff).. as in, this is a show I enjoyed for many years, but having it SO MANY times a week got to be too much.. but it's something I'd watch/halfways listen to sped up!

6. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    The rumored hgs seem like they’d make a good season. A few unfortunate omissions Dan, Derrick, & Vanessa are extremely unlikely. A few odd choices in the rumored group that are likely red herrings like Diane, Amber, Kayser, etc. It should be fun though. It’s been 14 years since the last all returnee season. It at least puts them on more equal footing than throwing returnees against new hgs.

7. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yay! (I hate her)

I assume Paul (2x finalist, 2x runner up) will be included in this group. But I suspect we'll see a Russell Hantz like 3rd season where they vote him out as quickly as humanly possible.

8. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Rumors have been swirling for weeks. Here’s a list (not the only one) that might pan out.

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Good timing for me (I probably would have skipped the season if she was on...I can't stand watching 30 seconds of her). I saw Janelle is on again....sick of her too, but not to the same extent. Rachel actually made me quit watching the season she won, 3 episodes in. I just couldn't take her whiny condescending attitude.

As far as All-Stars, I used to think that was great, but for all of these reality shows, I'd rather see new people. It's especially worse with BB, since it's on 3 days a week and if there's someone you can't stand on, it just gets super annoying very quickly. With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing Dan again and see what stuff he pulls off this time.

realityboy likes this.
  10. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I like the idea of an all-star season. All new is fine as well. I hate the imbalance of having new people play against people that have already played before, but Big Brother always opts for a mix. This will only be the 2nd all returnee season. I’d rather have one of these every 6 or 7 years or so than multiple mixed seasons.

mrsean and Steveknj like this.
  11. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I've read that it wasn't necessarily going to be All-Stars but casting during a pandemic made it so much easier to cast people they already know, and who have already been through the production already.

KyleLC and Steveknj like this.
  12. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I think I may watch Australia S3 but what until the US season would have started and just watch an ep per week.....maybe

13. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    BB is my favorite show of all time. I’m rewatching all 21 seasons. I’m on season 14. My favorites are evel dick, Britney Haynes , Jordan Lloyd, Nicole Franzel, Will Kirby and and Jessica graf

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    ufo4sale likes this.
  14. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I haven't watched BB since BBOTT in 2016. I'm OOTL on live streaming, are they going to have it for this season? If so, what are the best places to follow live? I have bookmarks for Hamsterwatch and Joker's still, any others I should check out?

15. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    It looks like the livestream should still be there. They updated the music and graphics for the new season. I still just go to Joker’s mostly, but Reddit seems to be fairly active as well.

gweempose and hummingbird_206 like this.
  16. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I forgot about Reddit. I was pretty active there for OTT. Thanks for the reminder.

17. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    If this is the correct list...

‘Big Brother 22’ cast: The BB22 All-Stars houseguests - GoldDerby

It's not terrible. I could do without Danielle Danoto, Janelle (for the millionth time.....most overrated player ever), Kasar and Josh, but the others, aren't too bad. Certainly not enough to skip the season. First list I saw (I think even at that website), showed Paul, but hopefully we are done with that obnoxious jerk.

stellie93 likes this.
  18. dowalker

dowalker Member

Sep 29, 2002
    Spring Hill, FL
    They need to do a 'old folks' show. Everyone has to be 50 or older.
    I would like that for a change

skypros, jeetkunedo, mrsean and 2 others like this.
  19. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Interviews with the cast are scheduled to be on the live feeds on Wednesday so we’ll know the cast then if not sooner.

20. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I always laugh when they call these shows "All Stars" In sports an All-Star is usually the best in your sport. Here? We have:

David Alexander - 16th place
    Amber Borzotra - 12th place
    Bayleigh Dayton - 11th place
    Kaysar Ridha - 10th place 2x
    Da'Vonne Rogers - 11th and 16th place

What exactly makes them ALL-STARS? In fact, from a viewership standpoint, I'm not even sure these are people I'd even care if they were on this or not? I don't even remember David, Amber or Da'Vonne (and she's been on 2x!)

MScottC likes this.