Big Brother Alert

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by cawall, Aug 30, 2007.

1. cawall

cawall New Member

Mar 10, 2004

Advertisements

In the Los Angeles area Big Brother is airing at the regular time but on a different channel KCAL 9 due to football on CBS. My recorder did not pick it up.

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    In Philadelphia, I think BB8 will be on at something like 1:36am also because of football.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Mine started recording it at 1:37 am Pacific. I didn't even realize it'd moved until I saw it at the top of my NPL.

4. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    what day are you talking about?

5. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey

Advertisements

My mistake, it was the NY channel. I get both NY and Philly channels and I saw in my TDL that it was recording after the late late show. I assumed I had the SP set for the Philly station but it was for the NY station. Eagles vs. Jets

6. timon

timon New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Mine did not. Damn, why can't Tivo get this right when I pay good money for the listings?

How often does a network connected Tivo check the listings anyway? IMHO it should be not less than every 15 minutes.

IMHO the networks should be legally required to notify the electronic program guide vendors whenever a scheduled program will be changed. I don't care if a football game is running long as soon as the network decide to change the schedule of a program because of it the electronic program guides MUST be notified. If you have a network connected Tivo you should get that notification.

This is totally doable and should be done.

IMHO

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Check the 'next call' info (maybe they rename it when you're network connected).

I have no info either way, but I suspect Tivo only gets new guide data once a day.. so even if you were checking really frequently (I think it DOES check for the web-scheduling frequently), you wouldn't actually be getting new guide data more than once a day..
    but that's just my speculation.