Big Brother 8 - 7/22/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by IndyJones1023, Jul 22, 2007.

1. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I hope all the Dick-naysayers are eating their words. He's coming off more and more as a stand-up guy who's desperately trying to be a good dad to his daughter. The clip of them on the hammock had me choking up. Regardless of his *******ishness personality when it comes to confrontations (which may be a result of playing the game in the house), he's a loyal guy.

2. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Meanwhile I saw Dick basically browbeat the people he percieves as enemies. He is lowly thug nothing more. He uses threats to get his way.

3. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    What we're seeing of Dick is just his gameplay. People choose to play the game in different ways. Some people play by lying and keeping secrets. Dick plays it by exposing everyone elses lies and secrets.

4. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    He may be a huge ass in real life. Or this may be the way he's playing the game. I don't know. But I can see the dad in him trying to (re)connect with his daughter.

5. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Completely agree.
    Tonight's episode was all in the editing. The producers wanted to play up their season twist. If you are watching the After Dark broadcasts you'd see the real Evil Dick who is both evil and a dick. Lowly thug is right.

And what was with Nick's top 5?
    That happened like 10 days ago...

6. CharlieW

CharlieW Go to the mall.

May 30, 2001
    Jersey Shore
    Evil Dick is the best part of this season -- without him in the house, this becomes one of the most boring seasons of Big Brother.

I love how he calls people out on their lies -- it makes for highly entertaining TV.

And I agree with Indy -- the guy is taking advantage of the fact that he is now stuck in a house with his daughter and using it as an opportunity to reconnect and mend his strained relationship with her. And for that, I commend him.

One person may see Dick as an arrogant jerk -- I see him as a straight-shooter who has decided to play this game by calling other people out on their lies or their behavior -- no matter what the consequences.

7. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Evil Dick is this season's Eric, aka Cappy. Either you love him or you hate him.

I don't like Evil Dick at all. While it's nice that he's reconnecting with Danielle, I don't think he's a stand up guy. I'm with Cainebj. If you've seen/heard some of the things that he's said (and haven't made it on the CBS show), you'd be shocked.

8. Werd2406

Werd2406 New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Without giving away spoilers, what things has he said?

Personally I like Evil Dick, but I'm interested to know?

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    (I haven't been watching the eps that closely... just as background noise.)
    I don't think Evil Dick's strategy of calling people out and being such a straight shooter is going to work.

Although it seems logical to put up Kail and Jen, I don't think Kail's a big threat seeing as how her alliance betrayed her last week. I can totally agree w/getting rid of Jen but maybe he should've backdoored her.

10. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Kail: "When they announced the vote was 9-1, I knew immediately that it was me." Duh!

Jen: "Since I haven't been on slop, I really don't feel bad for the people that are on it. I suck at that - feeling bad thing."

Jessica: "We got sweetbreads. Donuts, cornbread, and any kind of bread that tastes good that's not like normal bread." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

11. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I wonder what trauma lies in Jen's past that has shut off her emotional switch?

12. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...

It seems that no matter what is going on around her, she wears that same vacant smile. Weird!

13. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    I think it's safe to say that she doesn't have a heart. Just totally devoid of compassion, and very happy to be that way.

14. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Which makes me wonder how stupid someone has to be to hire her as a nanny.

15. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I still don't like Dick. I understand that he is trying to reconnect with his kid, but he treats everyone else like crap. Mind you, some of them deserve it, but I find him overall to be very unpleasant.

I am disliking Kail more and more every week.

And I seriously think Jen is suffering from a psychological disorder. Someone who is incapable of empathy, completely oblivious to the impact her words and actions have on others and is only completely tuned in to her own wants and needs has to be some kind of sickness. I seriously wonder WTF is wrong with her....

16. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I'm thinking molestation or long-term exposure to viciously fighting parents.

17. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    who knows the real Dick - we're only seeing what CBA wants us to see. I thought the scene with his daughter was touching but was that the real Dick or ED playing for the cameras. I would have like to have evesdropped the that talk with out the cameras present and then see how he did.

18. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    But seriously, who really thought that would mean cow's pancreas??? I was under the impression that it would be be pastries and such as well.

19. montag

montag New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    You've never heard of sweetbreads? Really?

I've never heard pastry referred to as sweetbread.

20. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I've never heard of sweetbreads.