Big Brother 8/5

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cindy1230, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Aug 5, 2008 #1 of 71
    Cindy1230

Cindy1230 Cuteness overload

Oct 31, 2003
    Bethesda, MD

Advertisements

Finally an entertaining episode!

I haven't been following BBAD or the internet updates,...
    but Dan's hug was great, the fight was great... and ooooh poor michelle with the unitard... did she really think no one was going to take the trip from her.

I hope Jesse goes, but he does create drama and has a lot dumb one-liners.

"With $500,000 you can buy Hawaii" hah!

2. Aug 5, 2008 #2 of 71
    IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Best. Birthday. Song. Ever.

:D

And why the hell did Libra trade the leotard with Michelle? Hello! April with the fantastirack is sitting closer to you! Dumb *****.

3. Aug 5, 2008 #3 of 71
    Jolt

Jolt Disgruntled Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Corpus...
    I was hoping she would have gave it to Jesse. I would have liked to see him humiliated before he gets evicted thursday

4. Aug 5, 2008 #4 of 71
    scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Jesse: "Wa wa wa you woke me up again."

Michelle: "RAAARRRRRR! They got prizes and all I got was this stupid leotard? Godzilla smash!"

5. Aug 6, 2008 #5 of 71
    Hexerott

Hexerott New Member

Jan 1, 2007

Advertisements

Jesse is such a moron. In a way I feel bad for him... actually, that was a lie.

Now I wish she could have given the unitard to Keesha... :D That could have made this the best season EVER!

6. Aug 6, 2008 #6 of 71
    Penny Lane

Penny Lane Hates winter

Dec 3, 2007
    Strawberry...
    I thought for sure that whoever ended up with the leotard was also going to get $. It makes no sense to ask if she wants to keep the leotard or trade it for something else. Of course she's not going to keep the leotard. I did actually feel sorry Michelle, she got royally screwed.

7. Aug 6, 2008 #7 of 71
    Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    This week I actually like Jessie. I mean Keesh and Libra were yelling at him and he was actually staying calm and all he did was go tell April what was going on which is his strategy. I did not notice Keesha saying stuff about Memphis and stephen but I wasn't really paying attention.

They aired the singing, I was surprised!

Lets see I am starting to hate Libra. I thought she would trade it for the letter, hasn't she also been whining about missing home as well or is that all other houseguests?

I guess the hatchet isn't buried between Memphis and Jerry, I would have given Libra slop.

Michelle did over react but I think she is just so fed up with most of the house guests.

Also good job Dan, good choice for America's Player. I wonder if the house will find out after this week or if it will be done at the very end. Either way it will hurt his game. End of this week they learn he gets money (20k is it?) or end of the show his vote is our vote and might actually make it the first non unanimous vote.

8. Aug 6, 2008 #8 of 71
    Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    The problem with this game is that it was stacked. In previous seasons they random choose a box and get the prize inside, this time they had specific prizes for specific finishes. I did like that the $10k could be used anyway you want and you could use it to bribe. I wonder if the person who gets part of it next can use it as well until people are evicted holding the money, that would be a fun little twist going on now.

9. Aug 6, 2008 #9 of 71
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I knew Jessie was good for some drama. Put the boy up every week! I laughed my ass off during the birthday song with everyone's hang dog faces.. lol

10. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    so how much did that song cost BB anyway?

The fighting it so stupid but i've never lived in a house like that so maybe it's to be expected. Of course thats why they pic young emotional people, for drama. I just laugh when i see stuff like this figuring who cares what is said about you? They will believe what they want anyway so let em.

When things die down and someone rekindles them is 'who' i think really shows the true colors. Also michelle showed her true colors in the diary room..that was more than disappointment in her performance...that was outright rage and over a stinking what, 5K trip?

are they allowed to bring in earplugs, i think America should vote to give poor jess some so he never has to listen to anyone again

by the way, why arent there any deaf people on this show ever?

11. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    They probably felt it was worth it to pay the royalty this time, because all that yelling and arguing, then singing Happy Birthday, then right after they start arguing again was hilarious!

12. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah...best birthday song ever! Totally awkward. And then Libra asking "who wants cake?" LOL

I guess it was worth it to them to pay the royalty as they made them stop singing for Renny's birthday.

I too, did love the $10k award and how they can use it in the game. I didn't quite hear/understand the rules they added to it though...something about 1 bar per week? Anybody else catch that?

I surely hope Michelle was just temporarily upset and understands that anybody else would have made the same trade, including her. It was just part of the game.

13. bdlou21

bdlou21 New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    How was she screwed? She was the second person out of the game and didn't deserve any prize. Either way, she acted like a child not getting their way. She actually threw a temper tantrum all the way to the crying. How embarrassing.

Best line of the night came from Ollie (paraphrased) "They show their true colors when they are offended"

14. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I thought it was something like when a houeguest is evicted in the week each bar the hold is worth $1000. So essentially if Memphis or Jessie get their hands on some bars this week and then are evicted they get $1000 for each one I am not sure I heard a limitation on how much you could use, but I could be wrong, maybe someone else can chime in or I could go back to my recording.

Also it is interesting that Jerry said to April lets split the money 3 ways. So looks like April has $4000 (I would assume she gets the larger share) and Jerry and Libra both have $3000.

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Gotcha...that makes sense. I have to say that I REALLY like that twist.

16. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Just checked. Renny said upon eviction each gold bar is redeemable for $1000. Also said that April had the right to use as fit and it can transferred to any player for any reason. Looks like there are no limitations. I wonder how long this money will be floating around and how it will be used. Could be very very interesting.

17. Penny Lane

Penny Lane Hates winter

Dec 3, 2007
    Strawberry...
    She got screwed because she lost the trip and has to wear a leotard. At least when Memphis lost the POV he didn't have to wear a body stocking for a week.

18. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    She was kidding herself... How did she think she could be eliminated second to last and keep a nice prize...

The design of this is like the white elephant holiday gift trading that goes on during the December holidays... No one early in the chain ends up with any prize that is worth anything... People always yank them...

She lost the competition, and she had the illusion of getting a great prize as her reward...but in reality, her consequence for losing so early was to see a good prize leave her hands... It's all by design...

19. Dubbadown

Dubbadown Member

Dec 6, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Whatever Michelle got, she deserved. She is by far the most useless, annoying person in the house. Watching BBAD, I knew that she had "won" the unitard, but seeing how she won it just made it priceless. I cannot wait for Thursday, this could be the craziest eviction ceremony ever.

Oh and Dan's hug was great.

Also, for those of you that think Jessie was just the innocent victim and was being calm and rational, aren't really getting the whole story. He deliberately lied and made up stuff to April in order to create the fight. Even in the editing they made it show that Libra and Keesha were talking very loudly but that wasn't the case. He was just stirring up sh*t and it may come back to haunt him.

20. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Jessis is strange....he always starts out the week not as the target but then does stupid crap to but himself right in the crosshairs.