Big Brother 8/26

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by newsposter, Aug 26, 2008.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA

Advertisements

Dan is having too much fun. They are all gonna turn on him in a week or so. Also if anyone has ever taking any classes on how to determine a liar, dan always does them. Looking up to the left etc. And his tone.

and renny is so funny because she takes a stand then backs down. And dan just dismisses her statements and walks away and laughs. It's almost comical.

Ollie just feeling thru the ep that he had something to worry about should teach him to always trust his instincts from now on!

The game at the meeting was just weird. I didnt understand why he said what he did to justify putting up michelle.

"how did i get backdoored for someone elses veto?" is a great line!

Dan...i dont know if you are conceited or confident anymore. I called him as winner a long time ago and i do hope he makes it though!

2. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Dans diary rooms are too funny. This Thursdays double might be his downfall.

3. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I had to playback the conversation Dan had with Ollie prior to the Veto ceremony. I could have watched it a hundred times. I still don't know why Ollie agreed to say Renny. What a dumbass!

4. Hexerott

Hexerott New Member

Jan 1, 2007
    Dan, Dan, Dan. NOT A SMART MOVE. When emotions are high, you don't play games at other people's expense.

Dan went from smart to stupid in a week. He may not have blood on his hands but he certainly made the others look like fools. They will soon hunt him down.

Also, Ollie is set up to turn the tables on Dan. Even if Ollie is nominated, there were enough secrets going on that Ollie could create some good stories.

5. wbrumfiel

wbrumfiel Meatatarian

Jul 21, 2004

Advertisements

Dan will be safe unless Ollie or Jerry wins HOH in this eviction episode coming up. No way Renny, Memphis or Keesha put him out of the house before they get rid of Ollie or Jerry.

6. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    Yeah, dan should have just put michelle up, his little game didn't help him at all.

7. scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Hey, Michelle, you've got something on your forehead there...... LOL

8. 503Blunts

503Blunts New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    I guess all they have to drink at Jerry's house back home is sand.

Unintentional comedy at it's best

9. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Dan made it unnecessarily complicated. I think he let the fact that he could mess round with people go to his head. And I think he's now given *everyone* a reason to question what is going on with him and potentially distrust him.

What he *should* have done .. was put up Keesha (after having spoken with her about it) .. thus fulfilling his word with Ollie. Then the vote would have been tied and Dan could have booted Jerry.

Sure, that leaves Michelle and Ollie in the house .. but it doesn't leave them ticked off at Dan. Further, Dan had Ollie's word that he'd be safe the following week (should Ollie/Michelle get HOH). That's a *much* stronger position than Dan is in right now.

Further, Dan isn't considering the ramifications this would have on the jury. By going back on his word, Dan has 100% lost the vote from Ollie and by extension April. I'd say 99.99% that there is no way Michelle would vote for him to win .. and Jerry just had the whole Judas thing reaffirmed for him.

Other people's votes would depend on who he was up against .. but that's already a pretty big block that I don't think would vote for him no matter who he was up against. (I bet April would even give it to Keesha over him after she hears what he did to Ollie).

He could have used a soft touch on this one and slid under the radar for *at least* another week .. While I don't really care if he (or any of them in particular) wins .. he has at least been shown to use strategy and manipulation the best throughout the season .. and its been kind of fun to watch it work. So on that note, its sad to see him blow it.

-MirclMax

10. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Whatever else Dan may be, he's a producer's dream. He's only the second person to fully grasp how this show is put together, and how he can exploit it to create his own storyline.

He may have hurt his chances in actually winning the game, but I think he's such a ham that he'd rather go down in flames than lay back and risk getting evicted near the end without having done anything dramatic.

11. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Oh, and Jerry is a mean-spirited vile old man. That sweet grandpa voice is ridiculous. Some of the things he's said in the house are unairable.

12. berfy

berfy New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Mobile
    Here on the West Coast the show was delayed due to Hillary's speech and my Tivo didn't catch the final ten minutes or so. The last thing I saw was Dan assuring Ollie that he would keep his word and nominate Keisha.

What happened at the final veto meeting?

13. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    Here's the POV meeting.
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_br...g2_zsHGONy9pf2wFMPH&category=recent&play=true

Preceding this was Dan getting each person to agree to saying a particular person's name at the POV.

After was a quick clip of each Michelle and Ollie in the DR being very angry at Dan, and Ollie throwing things and knocking things over in the backyard as the ending music played--those were essentially teasers for the next show I think.

The whole episode is on the CBS website, btw.

14. berfy

berfy New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Mobile
    Thanks!

15. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    Didn't April do the same thing?? I thought she had promised Michele that both she and Jessie were safe, and then she went and put up Jessie anyway.. so how is one more wrong then the other?

I do agree though, that Dan has made enemies of the other side of the house, which he may have already had anyway because of his Jessie vote.. so if they get that entire alliance out, the jury house would be:
    Liebra, April, Michele, Jerry, Ollie, then Dan's alliance. Dan doesn't have much of a chance against anyone in his alliance if everyone plays by emotions and not game play as they have in past seasons. If it goes by game play, I think Dan should have this.. he's doing all the little things.. crying for effect, making himself look weak for effect

16. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Michelle is a goner. So it's 2 vs 4. At this point the enemies are outnumbered. Dan better hope Ollie or Jerry doesn't win HoH.

17. Penny Lane

Penny Lane Hates winter

Dec 3, 2007
    Strawberry...
    I think Dan has gone over the top. That whole naming someone you want up on the block was cringe worthy. Why anyone would agree to do that was pointless. I think Dan's plans are going to backfire on him.

18. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    I wouldn't worry too much about Jerry winning - unless by accident.

Thursday should be fun.

19. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I think, his intention was to just stir up things in the house. Get people pissed at each other rather than getting pissed at him. But I think I may agree. I am not sure he got the end-game he will be happy for for a few weeks to come.

Double dumb-ass on him! ;)

The problem Dan will have is that this is not like Survivor where they are away from the game long enough to let their pissed off feelings subside. If they had a month or more between last nomination and then the vote, it might help Dan. But since it is "immediate" I think people will be be pissed enough that they will not be able to look at how Dan has played the game.

20. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm not too worried about Ollie or Jerry winning HOH on Thursday as it will be a quick mental challenge, and well......yeah....I'm not worried ;)