Big Brother - 8/18/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by IndyJones1023, Aug 18, 2011.

1. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    It seems we've been missing a few episodes. I thought I'd get us back on track.

I was hoping the humiltard would show off Jordan's assets a bit better!

And I hate the back-to-back shows. They need to spread the shows out across the week like in years past.

2. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I don't even remember them showing her but I was half paying attention. I agree Wed/Thur sucks. I much preferred Tue/Thur.

3. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Agree on Wed/Thurs sucks. Tues/Thurs/Sun was much better.

Jordan is awesome! She gives up the phone call which she really wanted so Shelly could talk to her family. And then she gets the humilitard and basically wears it in good humor.

4. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    As I see it, if they can just get Adam to vote out Shelly, then Brandon stays. I think that is highly likely as Adam has a man-crush on Jeff.

5. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I thought from the dialog last night Jeff seemed to be leaning towards getting rid of Brendan. Although I don't follow the live feeds so maybe they've done some creative editing.

If that does happen, Dani (and Kalia) deserves it. She could have made it 100% certain that at least 1 of the more powerful players inthe game (Brendan/Jeff/Rach) would go. I like her much more this season than her other season but she isn't a very good strategist.

6. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat wPod TCF Club

Oct 11, 2008
    Dani would still be the primary target if Brendon leaves. She showed power too early, and there are too many evictions left for her to survive them all. I don't know if Kalia would survive long without Dani to tell her what to do.

I like this season a lot right now. There are several ways the game could play out from here, so it might be interesting to watch things unfold.

If Jordan gets to the final two without Jeff, I think she'll win again. She'd probably have Jeff, Shelly, Brendon, and Rachel's votes, and that's enough. I'm sure the other house guests know that also, so Jordan will probably be targeted soon.

7. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I don't buy that for a second. The reprecussions of voting out Brandon and leaving Rachel wouldn't make, in comparison nobody is going to care if they vote out Shelly.

8. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I understand but it's getting close to time to make a move and Brendan is more powerful than Shelly in regards to...well, everything.

I guess I can see it both ways. Either way, and interesting night is coming.

9. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    I think they have a good chance at keeping Brendon. Dani only has Porcha and Kalia for a sure vote. Dani's other sure vote to get Brendon out is Shelley, but she can't vote. Jeff, Jordan, Rachel, and Adam could vote out Shelley. Drama wise, I would love for Brendon to survive... it would drive Dani nuts!

10. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat wPod TCF Club

Oct 11, 2008
    I think Jeff and Jordan will vote to keep Brendon. All they have to do to get rid of Brendon is to let Adam vote to evict him. That will set up a tie vote and Dani will cast the deciding vote. Both Jeff and Jordan have to keep Brendon and Rachel on their side for jury votes, so they have to at least pretend to support them.

11. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I think until they get rid of one of Danielle/Kalia/Porsche that J&J need Brachel around and they will try to get Adam to vote out Shelly.

12. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Does Shelly really beleive she didn't propose a final 3 with Brachel? Did she play so many angles that she doesn't even remember?

13. nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    I will have to watch last night's episode on-line. For the first time ever, my TiVo screwed up. I have Big Brother set as my #1 season pass but it recorded a much lower priority show instead. I always check on Sunday to make sure my top priorities will record & at that time, it was set to record it last night. No one else has access to my TiVo so no one could have changed it. Recording history said it wasn't recorded because another season pass had higher priority but it doesn't. Oh well, after all these years 1 screw up isn't bad at all since I have the on-line option.

14. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I always like when the producers play the clips of what a contestant claims they never said..fun stuff.

Things are getting quite crazy for sure this year.

15. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    Yeah, it was pretty damn hilarious when she was getting so adament about Rachel lying and her own moral code...and then cut to her proposing final 3 to B&R.

I was hoping that someone would point out that she was the only one getting worked up when they were in the bedroom and summoned Porsche. It was great that Rachel and Porsche were calmly telling the facts and Shelly was getting all worked up.

Something about Shelly's lips are disturbing - they look a bit sphincter-y. :D

16. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

I don't think there is any way Rachel could give Jordan the money. There is no way her ego would let Jordan be a two time winner when she herself never won.

17. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    I don't know that Shelly proposed a final three with R&B... the way they cut the conversation so that you can't hear the context really makes it tricky. I don't watch the Live Feeds, but do sometimes read stuff... so if someone does know anything, can you post it in spoils - or put it into the live feed one? 'Cause I'm confused.

Based on the way that the show was edited/cut - it really sounded like she was reiterating something they'd said. More a confusion/clarification question, than a flat-out question. Just my take on it. I do not know. But, I can totally see B&R saying Shelly needs to vote out Jordan and they'll take her to final three - she repeats to clarify what they're actually asking of her/offering her - and then they decide (because they are never really listening to anyone else anyway) that she is the one who proposed the whole thing.

I just really can't see Shelly *wanting* to join up with B&R over J&J. I can't see the reasoning for it. at. all.

So, anyhow - just pondering, and thought I'd inquire here for any other feedback.

18. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    I knew right when Shelly got put up that she was going to break down this week. It was awesome to watch her trying to back track through all the agreements she has made. Any body that thought she was a strong player can toss that out just like she did when she accepted the phone call and did not beg to keep the POV. Not like she would have ended up with it but there is that chance that Jeff would have not thrown the competition and Adam would not have won.

If Jeff was smart he gains a better chance for another week by keeping Brendan this week. I don't believe dani, kahlia or porsche would not target him if they got into power again.

19. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat wPod TCF Club

Oct 11, 2008
    There was no chance that Adam wouldn't take the veto at whatever point he left the competition. Shelly wasn't going to end up with the veto.

20. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    It seeemed to me that she really believed she didn't have a final 3 deal with them. I was also wondering if she really forgot, or what.

When Rachel accused her of saying they needed to vote Jordan out, was Rachel making that up? Was she out and out lying? I felt very confused. I loved how Brendan wouldn't stick up for her and say it was true.