Big Brother 8 — 7/29 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Jul 29, 2007.

1. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I actually felt bad for Jen. She did earn a free week after she put up his nemesis. Not to mention how many of them dislike Zach. Can't wait 'til someone puts up Eric, man is he annoying!

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    If Jen goes, I might as well stop TiVo'ing the After Dark on Sho2.

I always figured she'd be the first to forget about the cameras,
    or give the cameras a show just because she can.

The previous quick peek of Amber doesn't really count since it was so quick, and whatever that dudes name is that did the skinny dip doesn't count either

I only watch the CBS show becaue I am getting paid to, just want to make that clear. :D
    Even then, I only watch on Sunday and Tuesday, I don't get paid to watch on my day off.

phox

3. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    No way. The cameras followed her around one day after a shower, probably hoping they'd catch something, and there was nothing. She was incredibly careful. She went digging through her drawers picking out panties, bras, etc, and it was almost like she was teasing the cameras. But then when it was finally time to whip off the towel, she ducked into the toilet closet to change. Very disappointing. :(

4. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    We almost got lucky when she was wearing that swimsuit she made out of the leotard.

phox

5. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    I always thought that it would be cool to vote against the block and then act like you voted with everyone else. It was interesting watching them accuse one after another for voting for kail.

I can see where it could backfie though :)

6. ScottE22

ScottE22 How YOU doin'?

Sep 19, 2003
    Fort...
    I thought Kail had learned something from her past experiences in overplaying the game.

7. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I don't think Eric is going anywhere anytime soon. In fact as of right now I suspect he probably has the strongest position in the house. He is nobodies target, and he is able to persuade people to do what he wants.

As for Jen, supposedly she has a real bad case of cellulite on the backside. They were even joking about giving her slop because she has gained so much weight since she has been in the house.

8. USAFSSO

USAFSSO Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    First of all, why must E.D. feel he must give his point of view on everything. He just wants to argue with every women in the house. No wonder he has issues with his daughter. He says nothing bothers him, but if a girl makes a point he has to counter it no mater what. And yes I understand the irony of making my point on this.

Even when good things happen to Amber she cries like Dustin winning HoH, but she did handle the argument with E.D.

Like how no one has thought of Eric undermining things, the mustard and the 2nd vote. Even Jen connected the two.

Any one think Eric looks like "Bowzer" from Sha Na Na?

9. Knives of Ice

Knives of Ice New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    i think this may be the worst big brother cast ever. i absolutely HATE amber she is the ultimate moron.

10. tivoboyjr

tivoboyjr Unregistered User

Apr 28, 2003
    Worst. Cast. Ever. I agree. Bring back Janelle!

11. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005

Perhaps, I haven't watch BB since the begining. But quality cast aside, It's entertaining!

12. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I really like this cast...or rather, love to hate some of them.

I actually like Eric and the aspect America's Player is brining to the game.

Jen already showed boobie on the AD show. But I really think that Jen doesn't want the cameras catching anything at all. She's probably the most careful in the entire house.

It seems like Sundays are turning into the Dick and Danielle show. But I like how we're getting more and more info on what happened to come between those two. I'm going to agree with Danielle for once and say that, no matter what, Dick should treat her like a dad and not a friend.

13. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Dick has becoming the most annoying person on the show to me. And I was a fan at the beginning.

He is one of those people that will divert a discussion away from themselves just to try and win.

Last night was a perfect example -

Danielle told him that he had said such bad things to her in the past, that she will never,
    ever forget them.

So what does Dick do? Tell her he is sorry? Tell her that he made a mistake, and that his emotions sometimes clouded his judgement? Nope. He replies that she has said bad things to him too. Ugh. Man up, Dick!

14. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I just can't seem to get emotional about any of them, except Dick, he needs to go!). I wanted to like Kail, but she so bad at this game it makes me cringe. Jen is such a robot, nothing phases her.

My problem is that America is letting Eric off easily (nominate Jen?). He is sliding under the radar because America is voting soft. Have him try to get Dick nominated, then it would get interesting. :D

Man, how did I miss that.

Maybe I am being cynical, but I think EVERYTHING Dick does is, at least, part for show, even reconciling with Danielle. His problem is, in his mind, he is always right. Last night, he couldn't even admit to Danielle that he might have said some hurtful things to her in the past, he had turn it around on her.

15. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I definately see Dick as being hard headed. The argument he had with Amber on last night's show was a good example. But, I kinda hate to admit this, but I believe Dick was right in that argument, so I think Amber is a bit on the hard headed side too. You really can't sit there and convince me that you would actually give your life to save your dog. That means you would have no problem leaving your daughter motherless just so your dog could live??? Is the dog gonna take care of your daughter or something??? That's just bs. And I love animals to death and I know where she was coming from. A LOT of people do think of their pets as their babies. But, in all honesty, once you actually have a child, that love is something totally different.

16. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Interesting point up above that ED only picks on the girls.
    Hmmmmmm.

I have to say - the diary room crying just makes me laugh. I thought Amber was bad but Dustin last night - I was rolling on the floor laughing at how ridiculous that was.

17. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I think half of the current houseguests cried in this episode :D

18. NJChris

NJChris Kermie Loves Elmo TCF Club

May 11, 2001
    Huntington...
    I don't even think it was about that for Dick. I think it was about him countering whatever someone says so everyone thinks they are stupid. And the examples he uses are extremes to try to make them look bad.

He does that consistantly. He will turn something around that is said to make someone look like they did something wrong. Then he is relentless making the person defensive. He kept saying Jen voted for Kail so matter-of-fact like even after Jen said no multiple times.

I don't like him at all anymore. He is a passive-aggressive bully.

19. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    I think Dustin made quite clear that Eric is on the fringe having his name come up last to be safe... I believe you will see Eric becoming a target within the next 2 to 3 episodes based upon the America's Players stupid crap exposing him. Which is actually quite fine by me as Im no fan of his.

Dustin should have pushed Nick or Zach on the block and shown he had some real game in him. His nominations in my mind where the easy way out, but he is playing to not piss off more then he needs to so I can understand his thought process.

Dick went from one of my favorite players to one of my least favorite in a matter of 7 days... good job Dick- way to play the game LIKE A MORON.

Im still in love with Jen :)

20. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I disagree on the Eric thing. He is pretty much universally loved in the house. Everyone in the 7 loves him to death, and even the other people like him more than most other people in there.

His problem is he has become the foundation of the 7 strategy, and thus is making himself a bigger target. I think the America's Player stuff is too innocuous to cause him any harm for the time being.