Big Brother 22 All Stars - Wednesday - Finale (OAD 10/28/2020)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

Yawn. So ends the most predictable season in BB history. Cody won this game on day 1 when he joined the first alliance and won the first HOH.

I laughed when they asked the non-winners about the "slick" six and why it failed. It failed because you people couldn't win an HoH and the one you did, your winner was in BOTH alliances and chose her original one, thus, guaranteeing a Cody win. That was the time to make a move, you didn't and it cost everyone else the game. The inability for anyone other than the main alliance and their allies to win an HoH or key veto sealed the game. They need to shake things up next season. The game has been going this way for too long.

Da'Vonne wins players player. Don't care.

Has Julie found Jesus or something? TWO crosses last night and a "find faith" message? Sorry Julie, I didn't tune in to hear your inspirational sayings.

I'll be back next year, but if they don't shake up the game, I might not last the season.

skypros likes this.
  2. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    I felt bad for Nicole and while I don't think it would have changed the result any (although I am surprised that Enzo didn't get a single vote) I always felt like their Final 2 was real on both sides. Of course, had Nicole won the Final HoH and decided to take Cody that would have been pretty dumb.

3. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I never feel sorry for anyone who plays the game. It's a game, and this type of thing should not only be expected but anticipated. Anyone who goes into this game and thinks that the other people are being totally honest is a fool (and more than likely not the winner). I agree that Enzo was the person to take no matter who won, and that played out. I didn't come away with much respect for Enzo. I think he played a good game and I understood how he tried to play and that was fine. But his begging Cody and then in front of the jury thanking him for taking him, was the death knell for any chance he had. And he had a tough time trying to explain what he was doing.

4. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    We didn't finish this year. Updates here and Jokers was enough for us. We deleted about 6 of the last 8 episodes without watching them. Fast forwarded the other 2 to get to the Jury House. Did NOT watch this episode. Probably will fast forward through most of it as well.

Will give it try again next year. Hopefully not an All Stars due to Covid.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    GoPackGo likes this.
  5. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

The only type of All-Stars I'd be fine with is what Survivor did, an all winners version. Otherwise, lets have all new players. But the format needs to change somewhat. Every player who's watched a few seasons knows how to play now. And if it's played out like this past season, it's another boring one.

6. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    Nicole seemed a little bit off(?) last night. She was jittery all night. Maybe it was just nerves, but she could not stop moving during the whole show. Watching her during the jury questions, she could not stop moving her legs. I know it is easy to say "it is just a game", but she seemed truly shocked Cody evicted her.

Honestly, after seeing how badly Enzo did against Cody in the questions and final speech, I would have like to have seen Nicole's answers and speech. I bet she would have been much better prepared than Enzo. Was Enzo so convinced that Cody was voting him out that he didn't even prepare?

Cody winning was the right choice and I am fine with him winning 9-0. I don't think there any bitter jury (although Nicole was iffy, but her vote was fresh after being evicted, so emotions were still running high.)

I agree that BB needs to do something different. Survivor is still popular because finds ways to shake up the game. Maybe some are not popular (Redemption Island!), but they force the players to change their game. BB has become predictable. Cody's played the game exactly right. Form a big alliance with some strong and weak players. Then form smaller core alliances with a few key players. As long as your alliance can win HOH/POV, you stay in the game.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  7. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I just think that's Enzo, and why it cost him in some of the "memory" games. I just don't think he's the type the prepares things. He's an "off the cuff" type of guy. As for Nicole, I do think she was surprised, but really if she thought about it rationally and not with her heart, she would have realized that was the smart thing to do (and she says she would have taken Cody, which would have been a mistake). And that's the problem with players who play the game without a plan, without being cold hearted when you have to be. This is especially true with an All-Star season who were more likely to judge people on how they played rather than some irrational reason like being vindictive. Cody realized it. And he also played the first time with a player who played a similar game. He realized how to win. Nicole should have known better (and in the end she voted rationally).

LlamaLarry and gweempose like this.
  8. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I honestly think that's exactly what happened. Enzo realized he didn't have a prayer of winning the game against Cody and was just happy to be getting second place. He was essentially thanking Cody for the $50,000 runner up prize, not the opportunity to potentially win the game.

In terms of entertainment, it was the worst possible ending we could have hoped for. Even though I was rooting against Nicole most of this season, I was praying she would win the final HoH because a final two with her in it would have been much more interesting, especially her against Enzo. I suspect she would have won the game if she evicted Cody. It sounds like she would have gone to the end with Cody, though, so she really would have lost either way.

I will admit that, even though the season was dull, Cody's performance was stellar. He played a nearly flawless game. Possibly the best we've ever seen.

Steveknj likes this.
  9. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Can't add anything that hasn't already been said...

What was up with Cody having to constantly assure Enzo that people weren't laughing at him?

10. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    The only season they could do that I think I would enjoy watching would (possibly) be an all winners season.

11. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    This season definitely would have been so much better if they had some more heavy hitters. They needed players like Dan, Derrick, Dr. Will, etc ...

Steveknj and LlamaLarry like this.
  12. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    Calling it "all stars" without these players made it just a returning players gimmick, particularly with 2 players who just played in the previous season, 1 of whom was immediately voted out in his season! Some all star!

As far as the season, I think they tried to refresh it with the few things they added (secret powers and that other game that lasted a few weeks where you get protection and protect someone else). But as often happens, the results don't really make much of a difference. Perhaps if they introduced some of these things much later in the season they would be more impactful and add suspense. To do them when there are double digit numbers of players and then stop them seems to just get lost. Survivor lets you play idols and other stuff they introduce until like 5 players left. Why not take a hint from them?

As with Survivor, I'd prefer all new players or all winners.

LlamaLarry and gweempose like this.
  13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Agree. They had twists like the first 3-4 weeks then really nothing. I think an all winner season would be fun. There were rumors that some folks like Dan and Derrick wanted to go on but a certain houseguest who made it to the final 3 threatened the producers with some reveals in order to keep them off. Just rumors though, nothing substantiated.

How about a season with Big Brother couples? Quite a few people ended up dating, getting married and so forth. That might be a fun twist. Then you can plan things around that concept. It might even be fun to throw in a couple or two who dated and broke up in less than congenial circumstance :)

ufo4sale likes this.
  14. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I want Survivor no Stars, all first voted off, just to see who gets voted off first twice.

I was surprised Cody didn't say he blew it the first time by being loyal to Derrick and he was afraid if he took Nicole she would beat him.

15. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    But he did own up to just following Derrick and doing whatever he was told.

16. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    That's exactly what happened to Francesca on Survivor. She was voted off first in two different seasons.

17. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Seemed to me that they were laughing at how animated he was, when he got up and walked around the table, not what he was saying. But he just heard the laughs and didn't register that what he was doing was unusual. I think he thought he was being laughed at for a different reason.

BTW, it drove me absolutely nuts how much he said "yo" with every other word. Especially when he got excited, like after Nicole was voted out.

18. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    He talks like he's some kind of movie character.

19. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    Bro, that bothered me too, yo.

Or as Cody would say, “Like, Enzo, you know, like, we are, like, part of the root, like, all the way, like to the end.

stellie93 likes this.
  20. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    Yo, Cody, I know, yo, we're bros, yo this game yo, is so crazy, yo, I'm gonna go get my yo-yo, yo and do some yo-yo tricks, yo.

stellie93 and jay_man2 like this.