Big Brother 22 All Stars - Tuesday POV (OAD 9/15/2020)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:21 AM.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Okay, so it looks like Ian is going home this week... The commission has the majority votes and I just don’t see Tyler going home this week.

Man, David way oversold the whole “did you save me” bit. Embarrassingly oversold it.

Happy for Day... Great that she got her first win. Dani pressuring her not to use it was uncomfortable...

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Special night this week because the CMA Awards MUST get great ratings! (shurgs). Anyway, something interesting FINALLY happened. David used his power to take himself off the block, and tried to make it seem like someone played it for him. Nobody believed him, which was really funny. He's REALLY out of his league playing this game, even with this B crew of all-stars. So Dani puts up Tyler, trying to deflect this as purely a pawn move....nobody really believed her either. Then Kevin talks Da'Vonne into using her veto on him (the mini-veto was pretty funny), so both HoH selections go off the block, and poor Ian is replaced, because, well he's the odd man out, and he's likely to go. I was rooting for Ian, as I have always liked his game play and he seems like a genuine person in a house of phonies. Sad.

Did production telegraph Da'Vonne winning this? I called it as soon as they showed her talking to Kevin prior to determining who's playing in the veto. Why bother showing that if she's A) not going to be playing and B) going to win.

I have to agree with Janelle, this group is SO afraid to play the game and make any big moves. It makes for half a season of extremely boring shows.

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
  4. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    MikeekiM likes this.
  5. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL

Advertisements

I feel bad for David. He just doesn't get it. His whole act was pathetic. There wasn't a chance that anyone would think he didn't use the power to save himself, because there would have been absolutely no reason for anyone to use the power on him. It's the kind of power that virtually anyone who wields it would hold on to unless they needed it to save their own hide. David doesn't even understand the game well enough to grasp this concept.

Steveknj likes this.
  6. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I'm glad Dani had to nominate 4 people this week. And I'm also glad that this is hopefully breaking up that big alliance because it's boring watching. Sad Ian had to be the recipient of it though.

Just thinking things through though, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the jury battles back in, especially since one of the first 5 didn't.

7. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I think you are right... :) I think mine got posted just minutes (or seconds) before yours...

8. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix Brr. It's Chile here

Feb 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    That would make sense. They have to stay isolated anyway;might as well have one battle back!

9. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Sad he's on an All-Star season and has outlasted better players. He should have, once again, been first gone.

gweempose likes this.
  10. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Would have been even funnier if the Veto-holder was able to name the replacement (Diamond Veto, I think?) and put up another Commission member. ;)

11. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yeah, this would have been the perfect season to bring that back. I'm a bit disappointed in the twists this year. They don't seem to have changed ANYTHING in the game. Maybe a little this week.

12. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    They needed to have totally switched up the game to have a "normal good" season. These people (minus David) have all played this exact game before. Have all of the major events at random dates/times, rather than somewhat structured like they are now. Have a random weekly "Vice HoH" and have the HoH put up three noms and the Vice cancels one. If they switched from two noms to everyone is vulnerable each week, I would love to see something akin to Survivor's immunity idols that you could win secretly in comps. An All-Star season is the best time to "beta test" wild ideas like this.

Steveknj likes this.
  13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Survivor is great at bringing in new things that are meaningful for changing the game. Some work, some don't. Big Brother's new things always feel to me that they try and benefit certain players and that was the intent. This year they have tried but they don't seem to be working because the "wrong" people keep winning.

martinp13 likes this.