Big Brother 22 All Stars - Thursday Live Eviction (OAD 8/20/2020)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Aug 21, 2020.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

What was Julie's closing statement all about? Something about when choosing between being right or being kind, to always choose kindness? Is that some pop culture reference, or some current news that I am clueless about? I thought it was an odd statement...

Too bad about Nicole A... But given the two choices, I kind of want to see what David is made of... I thought he was smart coming into the game, but his engagement and dialogue with Davonne seemed questionable... Davonne was trying to help him...and he had a hard time either telling her the truth, or hiding the truth and keeping her on his side... If he continues like this, his time in the BB house might be a short one... But like I said, I do want to see how David behaves as an extended houseguest.

2. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Julie has said it on at least one if not more earlier episodes. I think it's an attempt to reply to the fact that real life response to some of these players has been pretty vicious. For example, I've heard that there are lots of new Yelp reviews of Memphis' restaurants giving horrible ratings because they don't like how he's handling his HOH. I don't like his HOH either, but that has nothing to do with whether he can operate a decent restaurant.

I'm so sad to see Nicole A go. I live for her confessionals. So far, David isn't all that interesting and his reaction to Davonne's conversation was not very promising game play, as you said.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  3. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I agree with you on Nicole A. She had good diary sessions, AND she seems to genuinely be a good person... And you are also right that so far, David has not really revealed himself at all on who he is... And is that him, or is that a bad edit? I just don't see much of him in the diary room at all...

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This. Nicole A is always fun. I wonder if they will continue to call Nicole F, well, Nicole F, or just Nicole. David? I'm done with him. Sorry, he's just not that interesting. I get he was given a raw deal last time, but this time his eviction might have been earned. So Da'Vone will NEVER vote off an African American? At the risk of sounding racist, the color of a person's skin should not be a factor in why someone is voted off or not. But I kind of get it because there were rumors going around last year (I think it was last year) that some of the houseguests were making racist comments. Doesn't make it right either way.

5. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL

Advertisements

When you combine the history of racism in the house with the current climate outside the house, I can totally understand why Da'Vonne would feel compelled to act in solidarity with the other people of color. The house is not the real world, however, and I would hope that she would ultimately make her decisions based on what is best for her game. It's undeniably a very complex situation, and I'm sure she's extremely conflicted over it.

jeetkunedo likes this.
  6. tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I've got to figure that's him. If he was giving anything interesting or entertaining (good TV) at all, I feel like the producers would be using it.

7. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I don't blame him for being hesitant to hitch his wagon to Da'Vonne. She's shown in past seasons she's capable of drawing too much dramatic attention to herself. It's not good for anyone's game to be associated with something like that.

My impression of him last season, although not specifically from a diary room, is someone who is perceptive, smart, and fair. Nicole A. has worked with him, or tried to, in two different seasons now and in her farewell speech called him an incredible, commendable human being - that's a pretty good endorsement.

jeetkunedo and stellie93 like this.
  8. tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I don't blame him for being hesitant to work with Da'Vonne, I blame him for letting Da'Vonne KNOW he's hesitant to work with her.

I'm sure he's an incredible, commendable human being. Just not particularly entertaining tv, at least not so far.

LlamaLarry and jeetkunedo like this.
  9. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I wouldn’t say never. She was considering it with David, but they didn’t have the votes. I think it’s just if neither option really stands out, she’ll default to keeping the POC.

10. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I think he was interesting and figured things out last year because it was all newbies making their way. He's in with the sharks now, and I don't think he can handle it. He seems star-struck, still. He totally botched that convo with Da'Vonne, to the point that she thinks he's in an alliance that he's not in and doesn't know about! :) As much as I did want to see him play, I wish he'd gone this week. His only saving grace may be as a pawn to take to the end.

LlamaLarry and tivotvaddict like this.