Big Brother 22 All Stars - Thursday Eviction (OAD 8/27/2020)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

Again, predictable, and with the requisite red herring that Kaysar might be going. But of course not. Glad to see Janelle go, and pretty early too. It will be interesting to see Kaysar's game now, considering I don't think he's ever played without Janelle. I kind of like him this time around. I am convinced that Janelle knew she was going, based on the way she dressed and the way Kaysar dressed. Was Julie really shocked at the first vote or was she pretending? I vote for the latter.

I think I was wrong about the producers trying to figure out a way to get her back in the game. It did feel final. I don't think they will bring someone back. I do think there's something new coming since the last gimmick is over.

So far not the most exciting season, but I think it might be time to see the big alliance be broken up. I'm all in for Ian winning again. I just like the way he plays and the way he lays in the weeds. Nobody thinks of him as a threat yet.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  2. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    Something is annoying me, and it has nothing to do with game play. I haven't read the other threads on this season so if this was mentioned, my apologies.

Each house guest was vetted for not having Covid prior to entry. They've been isolated for 3 weeks. Julie has been in the world.
    Why on earth does the house guest need a mask when they go talk to her and she does not? And they are like 12 feet apart anyway.

3. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah, it's been said...but it deserves to be said again... It's just silly COVID theatrics... If anyone needs to be wearing a mask, it's Julie... She's "in the wild"... The houseguests are all sequestered... If a mask is supposed to protect others, Julie should be the one wearing it...

KyleLC, zyzzx and jcondon like this.
  4. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I am rooting for Kaysar moving forward (until his eventual demise)... He's the underdog, and he is the most like me... i.e., older mature male, person of color, etc... It will be interesting to see how he navigates the game and the relationships... I think he has a chance of it... Remember when Cliff was the "old guy" who was constantly targeted in the beginning...and then the majority group realized that they could use Cliff as a number to get rid of bigger targets? Kaysar has that same opportunity...

I think Julie was truly shocked at Meow-meow's vote... She intro'd him into the diary room hinting that he would vote to evict Janelle, and when his vote when the other way, her reaction was pretty genuine...and I don't think Julie has an acting bone in her body...

Get me my t-shirt... "Team Kaysar"!

5. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

I'm not convinced she was truly shocked. It's good theatrics for the show.

I forgot to mention about David. Are we convinced yet that he doesn't belong on this season? They completely called him out on his rookie play. He has no idea. I think they could have brought him back on a non-All-Star season and that would have been fine. His in way over his head, even if these are not even the best players, they have experience playing the game.

I'm not rooting for Kaysar as much as I'm curious to see how he does. He's really kind of a free agent now. I guess, he might still be a target based on some comments made by the dominant alliance. But we'll see. I'm kind of rooting for that alliance to start to get some comeuppance. They are getting really cocky.

6. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah... I am done with David... From my earlier posts, I was optimistic about his return, and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt... I thought he showed "moments of genius" when he was in Camp Comeback...but he just doesn't seem to be a very compelling player...and the editors seem to agree... He's getting no airtime whatsoever...

Go Kaysar! (I love rooting for the underdog)

LlamaLarry likes this.
  7. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    FYI - Julie's intro/reaction was for Dani's vote, not Enzo's vote.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    LlamaLarry and MikeekiM like this.
  8. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Ah... My bad...

9. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix Brr. It's Chile here

Feb 13, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Agree with both you and jr461. It’s ridiculous.

10. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Agree on the mask thing. The only explanation I can think of is that Julie is Covid positive. Of course, she can't wear a mask because she's the host, so the others have to and still stay far far away. ;)

David seems to be a moron. I doubt if he is--he's just overwhelmed by all the "famous" people he's living with. He needs to go.

I never saw Kasar's first season, but I kind of like him. Just for entertainment value. He can't go far.

11. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Julie disclosed many "game secrets" in Janelle's interview, including who voted for Kaysar and who is in the big alliance. There's no way she can go back in the house now.

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This is Big Brother, Expect the Unexpected! (I agree with you though)

13. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    They both should be wearing masks because mask protection works both ways but Julie is apparently much too big of a star for that. She has to make sure her trademark mug is seen at all times, for her career and all.

And although they're making efforts to keep COVID out of the house there's always a slight chance Janelle could have recently picked it up via crew/supplies or from another houseguest via crew/supplies and nobody would be the wiser to that if she's asymptomatic.

14. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    I guess those are concerns to a very small degree but the bigger issue, if they are trying to look like they are setting an example, is that Julie is out in the world and does not wear one. It should be both or none, and the case can be made for none given how far apart they are (way more than 6 feet), in a huge overall space and for only a couple of minutes.

15. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    They may be treating it like Julie is a newscaster, which she sees herself as, and she wears one until she's settled on stage and it's time to go on air. Maybe she gets fast-tested before every show and the houseguests do not. Who knows.

16. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Even if they are trying to take maximum precautions, I still don't understand why a mask is needed at all. Unlike the real world, the post-game interview is an entirely artificially created situation. They could have easily constructed a sound stage that ensured that they were safe from one another. All they had to do was build a glass partition between them or something similar.

17. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I suspect things won't go as swimmingly for Kaysar as they did for Cliff. Unlike Cliff, Kaysar has a huge reputation that he just can't hide from. Whether one likes him or not, it's inarguable that he is one of the biggest names in the show's history. The only other player with that kind of pedigree still in the house is Dani, and I'm sure she'll be pushing to get rid of Kaysar herself.

My gut tells me that if a member of the big alliance wins HoH, Kaysar will be back on the block again. These days, it seems like the only thing that matters to the HoH is getting the least amount of blood on their hands. Without any alliances, Kaysar will be seen as the easy choice. I'm hoping that one of the other non-aligned players like Ian or Kevin wins HoH. If this happens, Kaysar may be able to convince them to take a shot at some of the bigger threats. He'd probably have a better chance convincing Kevin, though. Ian is trying to lay low, and putting up two players like Codie and Tyler would be the opposite of that.

So even though the odds are against them, I'm strongly rooting for either Kaysar, Ian or Kevin to win HoH this week. I fear that a win by anyone else will virtually guarantee another boring week. If David wins, he'll most likely do whatever Tyler tells him to do. Da'Vonne is possibly a wild card. After the incident with Tyler and Cody throwing her under the bus, she may go after them if she wins HoH.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  18. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Kaysar has never done much in BB, I don't see him going far this year. If he does go a few more weeks, it will because people don't see him as much of a strategic or physical threat at this point.

Janelle either played a horrible game or just wanted her big stipend to appear and go home to her family. It looked like she made little effort to build an alliance other than with Kaysar her season 6 and 7 friend.

Steveknj likes this.
  19. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I don't pay full attention to everything that is happening. What is the story between Janelle and Nicole? It sounds like they had a real falling out in the house. Based on Nicoles goodbye message, it doesn't sound like she has any interest in repairing the relationship either.

20. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I think it was a big misunderstanding. Since Janelle thought she was really in with Memphis, when she was not. Then Memphis puts up Nicole and everybody was telling Nicole that Janelle was not to be trusted, Nicole was not believing that Janelle was on her side. But Janelle couldn't understand why Memphis put up Nicole and why Nicole didn't trust her. She didn't see how people were talking behind her back.

Edit: Nevermind, I thought you were talking about Nicole A and not Nicole F. I have no idea why those two were so against one another. I suspect stuff that happened outside the house?