Big Brother 22 All Stars - Sunday (OAD 8/9/2020)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Aug 10, 2020.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Safety Suite is a nice twist, and has made an immediate impact on this weeks nominations! I love that Kaysar and Janell literally waited until the last seconds to scan their badges to compete. Love that they saved each other too (I am fairly confident that Janell would have done the same for Kaysar).

Felt terrible to watch Kevin beg for his life...

jeetkunedo and skypros like this.
  2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    As I'm usually the contrarian, I'll say I hated the Safety Suite. It feels like another effort by the production staff to try and protect the popular kids. I was totally on board with Cody trying to get Janelle and Kaysar out, as they are a ready made alliance only to be thwarted by the Safety Suite. Now, of course, as if anyone in the house DIDN'T know, they are outed as an alliance and hopefully someone will get them out before they expand their power. So what happens is what always happens and it never feels fair, but the two "outsiders" are up on the block.

Knowing what I read from this spoiler:
    I don't know if this was mentioned before, but apparently Nicole F wanted to be on the series so she essentially blackmailed the producers to let them on by spoiling a pre-production plan by Derrick and Dan to form an alliance (or something like that). So she got on and Dan and Derrick aren't on.

This season feels like it's missing something.

3. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I love Janelle and Kaysar and I hope they stay in the house for a LONG time!

There were a lot of pre-season rumors...

skypros and tivotvaddict like this.
  4. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The one I described was a big one, and actually Janelle alluded to it on one of the live feeds (though I didn't see the actual footage).

As far as Janelle and Kaysar, I never got the love for them, but I'm aware I'm in the minority. Plus Janelle is on her fourth try, enough already.

5. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk

Advertisements

Yes, I was aware of that one, and heard others as well.

6. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Even if that were true, and I have no idea what is or isn't true, I say well-played part of the game on her part that gives a big leg up to her credentials to be the eventual winner.

7. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    So you are saying it's OK Nicole F to blackmail the producers to put her into this season and removing two of the more interesting players of the series? That's not OK in my book.

8. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    I'm saying getting a powerful alliance out of the game before production even starts is HUGE.

It also depends on a couple of definitions. Does telling a possibly true tattle-tale really constitute, as you put it, "blackmail"?

And what's the definition of when the game starts? I know some people see the game as an analogy that represents the real world. I'm not that extreme, but maybe getting cast into the game in the first place is part of the game itself. After all, you have to accomplish that before you have a chance to win.

tivotvaddict likes this.
  9. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I've always thought Cody was a good player, but he looked like a real amateur last night. His responses to Kaysar and Janelle made it so obvious that he was targeting them.

10. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Kaysar and Janelle cutting it close! Nice drama add. :D

I'm worried for Kaysar going forward. His "me against everybody else" and "I'll teach those whippersnappers" is exactly the opposite of what he needs to do to be successful in Big Brother. He also seems to have the emotional range of a snail.

This makes me sad, because Janelle and Kaysar are one of my all-time favorite duos.

Nicole and Cody sure seem to have pre-gamed.

skypros likes this.
  11. tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Even after seeing Keisha more, I still don't remember her at all. Not sure I remember much of Kevin either, but he's got a bigger personality than Keisha. Who did he play with originally?

12. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Kaysar and Janelle have a missed opportunity though. They both played and competed against one another, and won safety for themselves. But now both of their VIP passes are gone. Only one of them should have scanned in. They would have won by default, save the other with their +1, and then the other still has their VIP pass for next week.

13. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Same here. In fact, I felt vindicated when Cody said he didn't recognize her either. :)

tivotvaddict likes this.
  14. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    My understanding is that at least 2 houseguests had to play for the competition to happen. So Janelle likely played so that there could be a comp.

realityboy, gweempose and DancnDude like this.
  15. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Assuming the rumor is true (and I admit it, it pisses me off because Dan and Derrick are two of my favorite players), yes, it's blackmail. Nicole F wasn't supposed to be invited to this season, so she exposed what Dan and Derrick did, not to change the game or let other PLAYERS know, but she was going to expose what they were doing to the PRODUCERS as a way to force herself into the game. It worked. At least that's the version of the story I read about. Here's the link:
    Janelle basically confirms that Nicole F. rumor about Derrick’s and Dan’s absences on ‘Big Brother 22’

16. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Yeah... Experienced players know that if they get the 100% positive vibe from the HoH, that they may or may not be on the block... But if you get a tentative answer, you are definitely a target...

gweempose likes this.
  17. tivotvaddict

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    From the bottom of the article, it's clear Derrick chose not to go on the show regardless of what Nicole F did.

"I won’t lie — Not happy with Nicole right now. But there was never a group chat that I was involved in,” he tweeted on July 26. “My business with my friends is between us. But I will say this: there is ZERO truth to the rumor that Nicole had anything to do with me not being on the show.. So any supporters of mine: Please don’t blame her. I did what was best for my family.”

18. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    About the spoiler

From what I've read it's not true.
    And then there is this tweet denying it.

19. series5orpremier

Jul 5, 2013
    There's still a lot of jumping to conclusions involved.
    If there's a rule about no game-strategizing beforehand, isn't it the producers' job to enforce the rules so that's who should be notified? Derrick said she's not the reason he's not there even though Dan did. Maybe he tested positive. A quid pro quo successful blackmail would mean Dan and Derrick were actually guilty of pre-game strategizing. If Dan and Derrick took it upon themselves to start playing the game I can't hold Nicole F. to higher standards than any player making a game move inside the house.

Or maybe the producers construed and publicized that whole story in order to generate controversy and buzz. Who knows. They're not above doing something like that.

20. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I just went back and re-watched the segment where the Safety Suite was explained. They didn't say anything about two houseguests being required. I did a little more digging, however, and it appears that there are details that were not shown to us during the broadcast. Apparently, if only one person enters the suite, they are not automatically guaranteed safety. They still need to compete against a timer. Based on this, Janelle did not necessarily waste her VIP pass. If Kaysar was the only one who entered the suite and he didn't beat the clock, then neither of them would have been safe this week. This link explains everything in more detail ...

No, Janelle did not waste her Safety Suite pass on ‘Big Brother 22’

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    stellie93, tivotvaddict and DancnDude like this.