Big Brother 22 All Stars - Monday HoH/Noms (OAD 10/19/2020)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Oct 20, 2020.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

LOL... Enzo running away in Knight Moves was hilarious... Both Cody and Nicole saw right through it... That was probably not a great move for Enzo...

Man...not a lot of content for the editors to work with this week I guess... Instead we got a lot of b-roll (which is fine...I don't mind b-roll...):
    • Proud Mary Dance - Loved Cody's diary room comments about hating small talk
    • Cody's insecurities with is "big nose"
    • Nicole juggling rotten bananas
    • Nicole's suntan sneezes

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This was an episode they could have done in a half hour. It was really boring. Enzo's mistake is he and Cody should have discussed it ahead of time. It's really the right move to have one person try and box Christmas in and the other to stay clear. Does Christmas realize that Cody and Enzo aren't playing for her to win? She seemed seriously surprised Cody went after her. In the end, despite editing that showed that Enzo might put up Cody for the big move, of course, once again, he went chalk and nominated exactly who I expected, Nicole and Christmas with Christmas as the target. I'm ready for this disaster of a season to be over. It reminds of the NBA where you know who' going to be there at the end before the season even start. Once the alliance was formed and it was clear who was at the head of it, the rest of the season was predictable.

3. skypros

skypros Ex satellite dealer

May 18, 2015
    Bend, Oregon
    How unfair was this competition!! Christmas has a 95% chance of loosing before it even starts.
    BB could not do some other competition..... Instead beforehand they know EXACTLY the 3 who can participate and BB chooses a game that can be so easily be "gamed"
    There was NO skill or even luck involved in this competition game.
    This will be interesting (well not really, given how this season has played out) on what the Veto game is..... and will it be biased towards one of the players strengths.

4. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    Christmas had her choice of starting spots and farkled it up by going to the corner like she did.

5. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA

Advertisements

I'm guessing they didn't know how the game was played before hearing the rules? If so, cody didn't have time to come up with a plan with Enzo.
    Either way, Cody's whining was annoying. Let's say they both would have teamed up and got Christmas out first. Then they would just go after each other. The end goal was still achieved. I think the real reason is that Cody wanted HoH. Which I don't blame him but shouldn't Enzo want the same?
    I'm rooting for christmas to win veto and Cody goes to jury. Not likely but you never know.
    I still want Enzo to win it all.

6. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    Since this competition was on another season when Kaysar announced it at the end of Thursday's show, I think they had plenty of time to strategize.

This episode was so boring I literally fell asleep watching it.

jeetkunedo and Steveknj like this.
  7. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Huh? How do you figure. There was actually a TON of skill and strategy and we saw both Enzo and Cody use different ones. Christmas screwed it up because she wasn't smart enough to realize she would be a target and thus put herself in a position of playing defense the whole time. If she realized she was going to be targeted, then she could have played it much different. The reason she lost was completely on her. And before you say that it might have been obvious to the production team that Christmas was going to get targeted and ganged up on, it didn't play out that way at all. Not to mention that the Veto is really the important comp anyway.

8. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    It was also used as a Battle of the Block competition on Cody’s season. He didn’t play, but he saw it being played.

9. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I tend to agree with this. It's one of those competitions that makes it easy for two or more people to gang up on someone else. I generally don't have a problem with these types of comps, but it does seem like it's kind of late in the season for it. Yes, Christmas screwed up by starting in a corner, but if Cody and Enzo had coordinated their efforts (they didn't), I'm not sure it would have mattered where she started.
    They all knew exactly how the comp worked. These players are students of the game, and the this comp represents one of the most iconic moments of the show when Kaysar and his crew teamed up against Maggie. Plus, as realityboy has already pointed out, this same comp happened during Cody's first season.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Except that's not what happened at all. Enzo and Cody played their own game, with Cody trying to trap her and Enzo staying clear of both. So with that said, Christmas had just as much a chance to trap them as they had to trap her since they weren't working together. Christmas seemed very surprised that Cody was even trying to trap her. So she screwed up herself and could have played smarter and won. Can't blame it on the game. The blame is solely on Christmas. Remember we know about Enzo and Cody's closeness, Christmas might have no idea, and in fact they showed her going to Enzo assuming he saw what she did, that Cody will win if he gets to the final two. So sorry, I just don't agree. It could have been played the way you suggested, but it wasn't.

11. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I absolutely agree that Cody and Enzo didn't conspire against Christmas. My point was simply that the producers shouldn't have had a comp where they potentially could have this late in the game.

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Actually that was the best time to have it. It could clarify alliances and make whoever has the veto think about how to use it. We saw lots of comments by Nicole about Enzo showing his true colors. It made her think about where his loyalty lies.

gweempose likes this.
  13. gweempose

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. What you say makes sense.

Steveknj likes this.