Big Brother 21 - OAD Thursday 09/12/2019 (S21E35)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Sep 13, 2019 at 9:57 AM.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Creating thread for discussion... I have not had time to watch it yet... BRB! :)

2. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I think voting out Tommy instead of Holly was a big mistake, especially after the house meeting. There was no way Tommy and Jackson would have teamed together to split Nicole and Cliff, not after that. I don't think Tommy's relationship with Christie outside of the house has that much pull.

jeetkunedo likes this.
  3. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I think it was a big mistake as well. Jackson really made up a believable lie, and sold it well. As much as I don't like him, he does deserve to win.

4. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    If they had voted out Holly, Michie would've had a free vote in the jury house. And if they kept Tommy, he might've had a free vote from Christy.
    So looking at the odds that way, maybe it was a good game move.

5. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Either Holly or Michie will be in jury or they’ll both be final 2 together so I’m not sure that’s a good reason to keep her.

6. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I was thinking that it was way more likely for Cliff or Nicole to win the HoH and veto if they're competing with Holly instead of Tommy. Although now that I see the nature of the comp, she'll probably do pretty good. Still, the veto is what really counts--who knows what that will be.

I love Cliff, but really Michie deserves to win way more. Neither of the girls deserve it IMO.

7. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    In my opinion, Nicole and Cliff made a major mistake when they let Michie know that they were wavering on their loyalty to him and Holly. If you are considering screwing someone in your alliance over, you NEVER tell them about it beforehand. All that does is give them the motivation to save themselves. Michie came up with a great lie, but he never would have felt the need to do so if he was ensured that him and Holly were safe.

This is the main difference between players like Nicole and Cliff and a player like Michie. Nicole and Cliff are good people and clearly felt very guilty at the notion of going back on their alliance. Because of this, they let their emotions dictate their game play.

8. Dnamertz

Dnamertz Active Member

Jan 30, 2005
    As a fan of the game, I think Michie is playing the best game and deserves to win (even though I don't like him). I like the lying and strategy as part of the game, but I commend Tommy for not taking it personally, because it must be hard to be accused of lying when you are telling the truth, especially when it costs you a chance at $500,000. As much as Michie deserves to win, he needs to drop the "playing with integrity" act after those lies, and stop acting like he is better than Christie when he though she was being dishonest. And I hope he would not have been mad at Nicole and Cliff had they voted out Holly...after all, they would have been playing chess, not checkers.

9. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    He can't drop the integrity act just yet, but if he makes it to the end, he definitely needs to own that lie to the jury. Tommy will obviously tell everyone what happened, and they will obviously believe him. Tommy and Christie both have very strong personalities, and they could potentially poison the jury against him. That's the risk you take when you employ such a cold-hearted strategy. It can be a very effective way to propel you forward in the game, but it can also lead to a bitter jury. Tommy seemed like he respected the move when he got voted out, but that respect can quickly turn to anger once you have some time to think about it in the jury house.

Michie needs to explain to the jury how he was 100% on board with his final four alliance with Nicole and Cliff until he overheard them talking to Tommy. Once he realized they were going to evict Holly and team up against him, his back was up against the wall, and he came up with the only strategy he could think of to potentially save Holly and get Tommy evicted.

I absolutely agree that Michie deserves to win the game. At this point, I think the only person that can potentially beat him at the end is Cliff, and it all depends on how bitter the jury is. I really hope Michie makes it to the end. After everything that has gone down, a final two without him would be very disappointing.

10. Dnamertz

Dnamertz Active Member

Jan 30, 2005
    I meant he needs to drop the integrity act when talking in the DR.

gweempose likes this.