Big Brother 21 - OAD Thursday 08/15/2019 (S21E23)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Aug 16, 2019 at 4:27 AM.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Conspiring bitches! :(

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Not surprised, although I figured the vote would be close. I'd love to spend an afternoon with Kat, she just seems like a fun person (same with Cliff). If Cliff is next to go, to me this might go down as one of the worst seasons of BB. Too many unlikable people and all that's left at the end is the 5 of the original 6, it will be pretty unbearable to watch.

SoBelle0 likes this.
  3. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Nicole telling Jess about the new alliance with the former 6-pack group, and then telling her that she trusts that she's going to keep her mouth shut? LOL, yeah right...

And it's hard to blame Jess... She's just been told by one of her own that they are jumping ship, and their leaving her behind. How else is Jess supposed to react? Is it a surprise that Jess is going to go and share this intel with Michie, Holly and Kat? In my mind, Nicole should only tell Jess if her intent is to let the minority alliance know about what's happening.

And as much as I love Kat, I think she was a bit unreasonable with her expectations of Cliff. This is Big Brother. At the beginning of this episode, she even told Cliff that she understands and supports whatever he has to do for his game. But I guess she did put a disclaimer there that he not throw her under the bus. What was Cliff supposed to do? When you are in the minority alliance, you either need to bring the folks at the bottom of the majority alliance over...or you need to figure out how to break into the majority alliance. To do anything else would be to just brace yourself to get picked off one by one...

And Julie kind of called her out on it... I am not sure Kat was being completely honest when she said that she would pick Jess, Cliff and Nicole, over Holly (her final 2). Kat was very careful to respond to Julie in such a way that she doesn't contradict her criticism of Cliff.

That said... I still hated to see Kat leaving the house...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019 at 10:47 AM
    LlamaLarry, stellie93 and SoBelle0 like this.
  4. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    That Kat interview with Julie was a mess, couldn’t follow half of what Kat said. And her jumping on Cliff, what did she expect Cliff to do? Cliff did nothing but play the game. I liked Kat but she seemed a big mess last night.

LlamaLarry and jeetkunedo like this.
  5. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Congrats to Tommy for getting out his target despite the twist.

I’ll miss Kat, but I don’t buy that she’d side with Jess/Nicole over Holly.

6. Mr.Broncosfan

Mr.Broncosfan Mesa, AZ

Sep 1, 2008
    I don't know... I had the opposite reaction. I thought she was cute, funny, endearing and real!

Steveknj likes this.
  7. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    I was sad to see Kat go. Still didn't think she should have gone on and on with Cliff about how 'disappointed' she was. He's playing the game. He never threw her under the bus, he merely made a separate alliance that didn't include her. I do wish he'd asked to have Jess join. I mean, why not at least ask? Perhaps he did and it didn't make the edit.

I want Michie or Christie to go next. Not even sure I care which one goes first... I dislike them both quite a lot.

Steveknj and jcondon like this.
  8. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I loved when Kat said (paraphrasing) that she was disappointing to be wearing HoH challenge outfit and that she wanted to wear a cute dress and heals when she got evicted. That's just SO Kat.

9. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Cliff had no control over that. It was their idea and Nick came to Cliff. When you’re on the block you nod and agree with everything. An alliance of six with only nine people remaining is far too huge to last very long anyway and I think/hope Cliff and Nicole are smart enough to know that.

10. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    During her exit interview, she kept saying that she hopes America likes her... Yes, Kat...we like you... :)

11. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Nicole seemed pretty solid in the voting booth, unlike Holly. Seems like Jess blabbing the "secret" might have helped Nicole be more sure about the 6?

12. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    And also (this already happened but wasn’t shown):

When Kat was upset, she outed Cliff’s Angels to Nick. After that, Nicole knew she couldn’t trust her. (Kat had actually already spilled to Holly weeks ago, but Nicole didn’t know that)

stellie93 and tivotvaddict like this.
  13. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm very sad to see Kat go. She was the person I was rooting for the most to win it all. I agree that it was hypocritical of her to get mad at Cliff when she had her own final two alliance with Holly.